Page 96 of 357 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post

What will you do if you receive a call from one of the contract tracers asking you to self-isolate for 14 days?
    1. Ask for an honest reason.
    2. Ask for a virus test.
    3. If positive isolation if not carry on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    1. Ask for an honest reason.
    2. Ask for a virus test.
    3. If positive isolation if not carry on with life.
    1. I think the reason they will give is that an infected person has contacted them to say they were within 2 metres of you for 15 minutes. You won't necessarily know who that is because the contract trace system is supposed to guarantee anonymity.

2. I could be wrong but my understanding is that it is only the initial person with symptoms who will get a test. The people who are contacted, who may be asymptomatic are not guaranteed to get one.

3. If you haven't been given a test and don't have any symptoms but are nonetheless being asked to self-isolate, what will you do?

Banned
    1. I think the reason they will give is that an infected person has contacted them to say they were within 2 metres of you for 15 minutes. You won't necessarily know who that is because the contract trace system is supposed to guarantee anonymity.

2. I could be wrong but my understanding is that it is only the initial person with symptoms who will get a test. The people who are contacted, who may be asymptomatic are not guaranteed to get one.

3. If you haven't been given a test and don't have any symptoms but are nonetheless being asked to self-isolate, what will you do?
    I'll do a Cummings.

No test, no symptoms, no worries.

Life's too short and I don't fear death.

I'll do a Cummings.

No test, no symptoms, no worries.

Life's too short and I don't fear death.
    But you could have it and infect somebody else, potentially causing their death.

Wouldn't you be worse than Cummings then? He at least DID self isolate. Personally, I think he was pushing it driving 260 miles to Durham to do so. But I wonder how many of his most vocal critics are not whiter than white themselves.

Banned
    But you could have it and infect somebody else, potentially causing their death.

Wouldn't you be worse than Cummings then? He at least DID self isolate. Personally, I think he was pushing it driving 260 miles to Durham to do so. But I wonder how many of his most vocal critics are not whiter than white themselves.
    That why I would ask for a test. Once I know what the facts are I would make the decision.

What about his 60 mile trip to Bernard castle for a potter round??

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    In my more cynical moments I would suggest that it is open season for anyone who has been infected to anonymously claim that they have been in the company of so-and-so whom they have a grudge against, so that their victim would then be under house arrest for 14 days.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    In my more cynical moments I would suggest that it is open season for anyone who has been infected to anonymously claim that they have been in the company of so-and-so whom they have a grudge against, so that their victim would then be under house arrest for 14 days.
    Following on from the excellent post, what's to stop you having 14 in isolation a day out and 14 back in, if someone makes a second call?

It's a joke

Following on from the excellent post, what's to stop you having 14 in isolation a day out and 14 back in, if someone makes a second call?

It's a joke
    That's perfectly true Stagger, but these will be the rules, which we are told will become enforceable if people don't comply voluntarily.

So how come you're so black and white with Cummings, when he thought his actions were the only option open to him? It seems like you will be quite happy to break the rules if they don't suit you.

Banned
    That's perfectly true Stagger, but these will be the rules, which we are told will become enforceable if people don't comply voluntarily.

So how come you're so black and white with Cummings, when he thought his actions were the only option open to him? It seems like you will be quite happy to break the rules if they don't suit you.
    I have fully completed all guidance as instructed.
    BUT
    When I see hypocrite leaders blatantly flouting it my mind thinks what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I'm a grown man with a bit of common sense.
    On both counts - really?
    Even I don't know who The Grump is.
    I. Bickerstaff