Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Peris Horseshoe

Re: Peris

I'm guessing there's plenty of room for the half peris? I'm not fit enough to do myself any justice on the full this year and have 3 shires the week after and so this'll be my first go at the half rather than the full. It'll feel odd stopping at pyp! Do people get a lift back or is it a case of hop on the bus/run?

I have a pdf file of the route which is quite good (but only 1 - 50000 i think). Cant seem to be able to upload on here, if you pm me i can email it to you.

Dan

ps then hopefully someone else can attach it here and save everyone £4 at the PB van.

Attachment 7179Attachment 7180

Dantoman's maps attached above.
    Last edited by johnnyb1; 28-08-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the jpg's were maps

If anyone who has got an entry but cannot run could they please inform the organiser. Myself and Victoria Wilkinson don't have an entry at present as it's full. As we can both still win our categories (V40 and senior woman) I'd really like to be off the reserve list and racing!
    Fingers and Toes are crossed!
    Darren Kay.
    Calder Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle View Post
    I'd really like to be off the reserve list and racing!

Excuse my ignorance, but where does one check if an entry has been accepted / placed on a reserve list / turned away? I can't find a list of entries online anywhere.
    Matt Harrison
    Mercia Fell Runners

If anyone who has got an entry but cannot run could they please inform the organiser. Myself and Victoria Wilkinson don't have an entry at present as it's full. As we can both still win our categories (V40 and senior woman) I'd really like to be off the reserve list and racing!
    Fingers and Toes are crossed!
    Does Mike know its you two? Amazed they won't make an exception for potential category winners...

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Does Mike know its you two? Amazed they won't make an exception for potential category winners...
    I told him our names just to make sure they were on the list, but we can't really expect special treatment. hopefully some will drop out and everything in my world will be fine!
    Darren Kay.
    Calder Valley

What a difference a champs race makes! This is one of my favourite races. I've run it the last three years since stumbling across its brilliantness but being a British Champs I decided to keep well clear - Lake District Mountain Trial here I come. Don't worry Peris, I've not forsaken you, I'll be back next year when only sixty or seventy brave souls want to run....

Quote Originally Posted by mattyh View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but where does one check if an entry has been accepted / placed on a reserve list / turned away? I can't find a list of entries online anywhere.
    Just give Mike Blake a call - 07778145144.

I told him our names just to make sure they were on the list, but we can't really expect special treatment. hopefully some will drop out and everything in my world will be fine!
    Nah I think Champs races are about finding the best.. so even in races with limits entries should be put aside.. there's enough races around to be fair in.. Wasn't it CD who lost a British Champs title due to not getting an entry in the Ben? The Skyline is great for that. Highly competitive to get a place but Ian makes sure the top competitors will get in if its a champs race. I think most understand that.