Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Peris Horseshoe

Re: Peris Horseshoe

Could be shortened....the full one I mean...40 mph winds...rain.. 10 deg's, with 40 mph winds it'll feel fairly cool on the tops..if it is I think I'd just do the long on my own.

Isn't the weather always like that in Snowdonia?

Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by richpips View Post
    Isn't the weather always like that in Snowdonia?

Looking forward to it.
    The Peris has been pretty lucky, much more so than the 1000m peaks as our summer tends to be April/May and then late in the year.

2006 was a scrocher and the next 2 years were nice too. I hope it isn't shortened but the organiser used to shorten the Elidir race quite a bit.

The shortened course is down to Pen Y pass and over Bwlch glas via the Pyg, then as normal fron Wyddfa I think..

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    The Peris has been pretty lucky, much more so than the 1000m peaks as our summer tends to be April/May and then late in the year.

2006 was a scrocher and the next 2 years were nice too. I hope it isn't shortened but the organiser used to shorten the Elidir race quite a bit.

The shortened course is down to Pen Y pass and over Bwlch glas via the Pyg, then as normal fron Wyddfa I think..
    I hope they don't shorten it.

Missing Lliwedd out, doesn't make it then an easy day.

I just feel sorry for the guys standing around at the checkpoints!

Looking forward to it myself, there is something oddly satisfying about running in rain and wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Harrison View Post
    I just feel sorry for the guys standing around at the checkpoints!

Looking forward to it myself, there is something oddly satisfying about running in rain and wind.
    Forecast has deteriorated, now up to 50 mph winds and extensive rain. And it looks like the good weather may come through early. XC, Metoffice and MWIS all suggest it worsening, met check remain positive..

Starting to seriously think it'll be shortened. 50 mph isn't dangerous, its just a buffering for us runners but the marshals won't be of young kind...

Which ever forecast you look at it the weather certainly declines during the day.

As you say 50mph is nowt really. 80+ mph needed for that flying effect iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Could be shortened....the full one I mean...40 mph winds...rain.. 10 deg's, with 40 mph winds it'll feel fairly cool on the tops..if it is I think I'd just do the long on my own.
    Stick to the half is my advice - I thoroughly enjoyed it last year!

I've said I'll take the winners shield back from oop north so I'm there whatever.

If the long is shortened I'll race the short, and go for a "long" run after.

i remember running a shortened course a few years ago,it was due to very strong winds,some of the rocks on top of Elidir fach were getting blown along the ground you could hardly stand up.the route by-passed the lliwedd and went up the pyg track to snowdon,but the weather did improve during the day though as i remember.personnaly i cant see the fun in running in such difficult conditions,i`d just opt out and do some quality training session lower down,the race will still be there next year and the mountain will most certainetly be.