Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Peris Horseshoe

Re: Peris Horseshoe

Really looking forward to my first Peris. I'm heading up tonight, ready for a bit of recce'ing tomorrow and Friday...

See you there, havnt got a clue of the route, might as well be running on the moon but give it a go :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gafrymynydd View Post
    See you there, havnt got a clue of the route, might as well be running on the moon but give it a go :-)
    You'll be fine, take it easy early on, climb well on lliwedd then it all starts....the climb up Wyddfa is brilliant. Then you'll murder the descent off Cynghorion.

Ahhhhhh!! only the half for me chief :-/ been out for a while so not fit enough for the full :-( could do the full, but would be knackered for days after and Got a Half marathon next weekend so Half Pedol for this year :-) Wimp I know hehe!!

Think I'm going to do the half myself this year. Definitely tempted by the full though, but I haven't ran that far in quite a while, though I did a 20 mile / 9000 ft walk yesterday and found that surprisingly comfortable... Then again, running is a different matter!

Is it stupid to go for it without recceing the Glyder Fawr to PYP section? I know the rest of the route very well but never been down that way before.

I've just looked at the weather forecast, I might be having second thoughts!

"Significant buffeting again likely on higher areas", "Rain & drizzle", "Chance of cloud free Summits? 20%".

Blooming ace recce today. Nailed it round to Pen y Pass. Not sure it was the most direct off Glyder but seemed to have a path almost all the way and fairly runnable - or rather would have been in studs rather than trails.. Off to recce the finish from Snowdon down tomorrow... Walking permitted only :-)

should be interesting tomorrow...

Weather
    A rather cloudy day with outbreaks of rain. These light to start with but becoming heavier through the afternoon. Southwesterly winds also increasing steadily through the day and this, accompanied by the rain and widespread low cloud, will lead to challenging conditions for some climbers.

Visibility
    Moderate to good, but very poor in any hill fog.

Hill fog
    Widespread hill fog above 600 m to start, this gradually descending to 200 to 300 m by the afternoon.

Maximum winds above 500m
    Southwesterly 40 mph.
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    should be interesting tomorrow...

Weather
    A rather cloudy day with outbreaks of rain. These light to start with but becoming heavier through the afternoon. Southwesterly winds also increasing steadily through the day and this, accompanied by the rain and widespread low cloud, will lead to challenging conditions for some climbers.

Visibility
    Moderate to good, but very poor in any hill fog.

Hill fog
    Widespread hill fog above 600 m to start, this gradually descending to 200 to 300 m by the afternoon.

Maximum winds above 500m
    Southwesterly 40 mph.
    About spot on, luckily there's almost no nav on this. Nice thick cloud over the elidirs could be nice too. Petty the wind isn't stronger, but some rain should make lliwedd more fun.

A spot of lightning and some locusts would be nice too. (Im only doing the half) :thumbup:
    Will Meredith - Pennine