Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Peris Horseshoe

Re: Peris Horseshoe

Shit weather today Dyl.
    The fog, wind and rain was nuts!!!
    The climb up to Y Garn was the worst. Luky the wind was blowing from the Ogwen side otherwise would of blown down to Bethesda!!!

Had a good ascent of Glyder??? the last climb on the Half Peris course.
    I got the win on the Half Peris in 01:49 and a new course record, but nothing to write home about as it's a weak new record should of knocked at least 15mins off that as I went lost on way up to Elidir, and started ascending Foel Goch???
    Didn't have a clue where I was for the whole race hahaha!!! Gutted about the weather the views would of been awsome.

Cant understand though, for the Wfra series they put the Half Peris course in as the 7th counter, and if you wanted to do the full Peris then your time for the half course wouldn't of counted for the series?????
    Not complaining though the half was enough in that weather

Yep the weather was pretty damn awful today! Still enjoyed it though. Was going great until the descent from Glyder Fawr - I definitely didn't pick the right line and lost quite a few places because of it. Finished in 2:20, not sure whether that's good or bad - apparently I was 3rd under 23 but that ain't saying much, I didn't see many under 23 there!

Serious respect to the marshals on the summits today, they had to hang around in some pretty horrendous weather, I definitely wouldn't have fancied their job!

well done Ifs,
    ye the selection of the WFRA races to include this one is a bit odd as the half is only suppose to be a race to let runners who arent up to the challange of the full for whatever reasons feel included in the whole event.if its going to be a race in its own right then it should be held on a different date than the full i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by gafrymynydd View Post
    Shit weather today Dyl.
    The climb up to Y Garn was the worst. Luky the wind was blowing from the Ogwen side otherwise would of blown down to Bethesda!!!

I got the win on the Half Peris in 01:49 and a new course record, but nothing to write home about as it's a weak new record should of knocked at least 15mins off that as I went lost on way up to Elidir, and started ascending Foel Goch???
    Didn't have a clue where I was for the whole race hahaha!!! Gutted about the weather the views would of been awsome.

Cant understand though, for the Wfra series they put the Half Peris course in as the 7th counter, and if you wanted to do the full Peris then your time for the half course wouldn't of counted for the series?????

Quote Originally Posted by gafrymynydd View Post
    Shit weather today Dyl.

Math and I were 1:44 for half way so reckon you're right on that. Well done anyway, wins a win.

I won the 'long' but shortened long, 3:08, I found conditions fine really, wind rain cloud, but that was forecast, but understand shortening it for the marshalls, not for the runners, as that was what was forecasted and it was nothing that bad, that a fell runner shouldn't be able to deal with.

Math and I started quick, into the cloud and never saw anyone and I put a burst on the climb to Snowdon and then Math second, 3:18, Hugh O'DoOnnel Third, 3:27. Felt more like a training run at times as it was just me and Math running together chatting. Conditions underfoot were slow though, you just couldn't gamble on your footing.

Well done to IainR and Gafrmynydd on winning their respective races today in that weather! Who were 2nd and 3rd in the half?

Shame we didn't get to go up to the top of Snowdon in the full race, as if we had we'd have seen a 4x4 pickup on the path a few hundred meters from the summit! Some numpty had driven up last night trying to get to the summit! I think that he didn't quite manage it and the 4x4 is still up there between the finger stone from the PYG track and the summit! The plonker has apparently been arrested so if anyone wants some spare parts for a 4x4 pickup you know where to get them!!

well done to the winners, weather was pants but what a cracking race so chuffed to complete the full in under 4 1/2 hrs

Well done Iain and Math to.
    Gutted i didn't do a recee. First race I've done, that I've never been on any part of the course!! Got 8.9 miles from start to Pen y Pass. went lost on way up Elidir and went up Foel Goch!! haha never mind.

2nd in the Half was Callum Musket a young jnr!!!!!!!!! very strong and a bright prospect :-)
    3rd Paul Jenks Eryri
    4th Mark Atherton Meirionnydd

Well done Ian.

I had a really bad day out, felt urrgh/cold from the off. All my layers, hats etc, on.

Glad to get to PyP in one piece.

Thanks to the lady who subbed me a quid for the bus ride back down the hill in my marginal state.

Dreams of beating my last time for the full will have to wait till next year.

Thanks to Mike for putting on the race and all the Marshalls.

Epic
    epic, epic, epic (I tells yer)
    I completed the full, having gone on the early start with a mate who decided to do it at short notice
    he was struggling with the multiple steep clims and was getting cold, so packed at PYP
    I was thinking of doing the same, but as I was paddling/@rse-sliding my way down off Glyder Fawr, I started to enjoy myself in a perverse kind of way
    I started to get cold again myself towards the top of the Miners, but the Rangers descent warmed me back up a bit
    biggest thankyou of the day must go to the marshals on Cynghorion who had no protection from the wind at all :w00t:
    pansied my way down to Maesgwm due to lack of decent studs on the steep wet grassy stuff
    felt surprisingly strong on the run in and was (almost) sorry to see the finish as I was enjoying the forest trail so much

Congrats to Iain - you and Math were certainly looking very impressive as you cruised past us going up Y Garn!

Many Thanks to Mike Blake - fantastic event :thumbup:
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Cheers Daz..well done for keeping going, the descents were the hardest bit,

One day I'll work out the first local rule.

The race Peris Horseshoe...does a loop of Nant Peris..I live in Nant Peris..yet as winner it was still debated if I should be first local as I'm not Llanberis...yet first woman..Dinorwic...yet no debate....

To be honest the only race which seems to have a transparent first local policy is Snowdon Marathon and that's simply if you live in a village on the route, you are local..

Anyway, shortened course but there's no comments on the winners trophy, just year and name....so finally have a local long to my name.