Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Peris Horseshoe

Re: Peris

Quote Originally Posted by Gas bottle View Post
    Been told by mike today I was the last 167 places race full
    Small for a BC's race.. bloody hell. I think the race can take a few hundred as it thins out. But I don't know if they repaired the sheds.. FH may control numbers though.

I've pre-entered but won't be able to make it (in Texas, long story). If anyone wants the place and know how I can transfer it/cancel my place by email that would be cool.

I've entered the full but will now do the half due a recent injury so that could be another space up for grabs

Hopefully Gas Bottle, your mistaken as 167 places available for a champs race would be bloody insulting!

If people can't run for whatever reason they need to ring the organiser as he won't allow anyone to swap places even with club mates! (I asked if I bribed a clubmate for a place would that be ok, he said No!)
    Darren Kay.
    Calder Valley

Ringing the race organiser is a bit of an issue at the moment as I'm in Texas, but I've emailed Eyri to withdraw, so hopefully that should help someone.

Re: Peris Horseshoe

Hi,
    if anyone has an entry to the full Peris race that they will not be using, please can you let me know?
    I was going to enter on the day (because there was no advertised entry limit) but now I don't have a spot. The team is on the verge of it's first medal in years and I don't want to let everyone down.
    The organiser said to me that there is the option for people to start a little earlier (therefore leaving a spot open) if they are not interested in being part of the Champs race.
    Cheers,
    Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddO View Post
    Hi,
    if anyone has an entry to the full Peris race that they will not be using, please can you let me know?
    I was going to enter on the day (because there was no advertised entry limit) but now I don't have a spot. The team is on the verge of it's first medal in years and I don't want to let everyone down.
    The organiser said to me that there is the option for people to start a little earlier (therefore leaving a spot open) if they are not interested in being part of the Champs race.
    Cheers,
    Todd.
    This is what is so strange..I've never seen any mention of a limit to entry numbers... certainly there was nothing on the entry form.. I'm surprised one was needed, back in 2006 only 150 or so ran... even with no limit I doubt it would have topped 200

The organiser said there were more than 200 entries now and they decided to close the entries.

This is leaving a few people who need to do the race for the British Champs in a pickle.

Odd choice for a champs race.... its odd that the FRA are re-formatting the champs due to its lack of popularity.. yet then choose a race with severely limited numbers... no idea why it sonly 200.. seemed less as well someone said it closed at 160 or so.. but once through the quarries there no issues on the route

A bit ridiculous to decide after a number of entries that there will be a limit. I'm sure a number of people having seen that there was no limit and entry on the day was being accepted delayed in entering, and are now unable to do the race. Would be a bit less annoyed if a limit and/or closing date had been posted initially.

As it is, does anyone know if there is an entry list available? As a number of people who tried to enter have been turned away, have those who've got in received confirmation? I've received neither, so hoping I've got in, but it would be nice to know who I can ask for sharing lifts to the race.