Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Panic Buying

Banned

Panic Buying

Confession time.

Come on, you know who you are!

Been trying to stockpile chocolate but it keeps evaporating! Am I storing it wrongly?

Master
    As a passionate HHGTTG fan as long as I have a towel there is no need to panic simple really
    The older I get the Faster I was

Various bottles of Single Malt, although this isn’t a new thing

You're absolutely right Stagger, this is a disgrace and I'm glad I'm not part of it.

Having panic bought all the Branston pickle from our local Aldi, I'm hoping to be united with the unscrupulous and underhanded individual who panic bought all the cheese. Then together we can track down the cream cracker hoarder.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I always buy a month's supply of dog food at the beginning of the month. I have to admit that I have topped it up but other than some very nice whisky, I don't think I gave been stock piling.

MrsS got treated to some bog roll by the local co-op as she's a regular and an essential worker. Nice...

The pasta thing intrigued me, are people also panic buying pasta sauce, tinned tomatoes etc or are they planning on shovelling it down sauce free???

Gives me total faith in the British public to join together and fight this virus

https://youtu.be/cmsh8anf2dM
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Gives me total faith in the British public to join together and fight this virus

https://youtu.be/cmsh8anf2dM
    That reminds me Molehill, I forgot to ask you what brand of trail camera do you use to capture the wild animals in and around Rhandirmwyn?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    I am guilty of panic buying. A jobsworth in Sainsbury told me so.

I tried to buy two L cartons of milk, and two packets of mushroom rice ( needed for a meal for two) which were pretty much all our local Sainsbury had left.

And Was told by a jobsworth I was only allowed one of each, that people shouldn’t hoard. She proceeded to take one of each out of my basket, despite us being there as a twosome, so could have easily queued as separate customers.

I can imagine shop assistants are having a hard life, but the officious bitch taking stuff out of baskets seemed to be enjoying her new found authority.

Needless to say I will take my trade of 30 years standing to somewhere with common sense! That at least let’s you buy enough for a single meal. Sainsbury has lost the plot.
    Last edited by Oracle; 20-03-2020 at 09:12 AM.