Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panic Buying

Banned
    Just went to aldi: the place was fine. Including loo roll. Very few gaps. Their business model of very few stock lines compared to Tesco etc, probably works better for Rapid restock.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    That reminds me Molehill, I forgot to ask you what brand of trail camera do you use to capture the wild animals in and around Rhandirmwyn?
    A few years ago we bought a good Bushnell, but I have been underimpressed with it as nothing but niggly electronic problems, currently drains the batteries down fast even on standby - I would call it pretty crap so I have little faith in Bushnell. Probably thousands of people very happy with them!

Currently using one supplied by the wildlife trust, Browning BTC-7A https://shop.naturespy.org/product/b...antage-btc-7a/

Not cheap but it is easy to use, good results, bomb proof in all weather (this winter) and batteries have lasted since September without draining. I like it a lot. Think I also had use of a cheap (£70-80) chinese job last year, that was fine for general personal use - may not have had video, can't remember, but fine for basic recording.
    When you look into them it's a minefield of models, all trying to offer stuff you don't need, why I like this Browning - does what it says on the tin!!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    A few years ago we bought a good Bushnell, but I have been underimpressed with it as nothing but niggly electronic problems, currently drains the batteries down fast even on standby - I would call it pretty crap so I have little faith in Bushnell. Probably thousands of people very happy with them!

Currently using one supplied by the wildlife trust, Browning BTC-7A https://shop.naturespy.org/product/b...antage-btc-7a/

Not cheap but it is easy to use, good results, bomb proof in all weather (this winter) and batteries have lasted since September without draining. I like it a lot. Think I also had use of a cheap (£70-80) chinese job last year, that was fine for general personal use - may not have had video, can't remember, but fine for basic recording.
    When you look into them it's a minefield of models, all trying to offer stuff you don't need, why I like this Browning - does what it says on the tin!!
    Thanks Molehill. I've just watched some footage from the link you provided for the Browning and it is excellent. Are you getting similar quality on yours?

If so I might invest in one.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I am happy with the quality, but I am only really after recording and not looking to replay stuff on large screens or catch great shots. I only want to know what is about and when. Obviously night time shots are not great detail, but again fine for what I need.
    The important thing is trigger speed, so the video or photo start before the animal has walked past the camera and off screen, also reliabilty and ease of setting and use. Handy to be able to check photos in situ on the little screen - but I can't see much with my eyesight so swap the SD cards over and do it at home on computer.

Careful with this thread, you’ll start a rush on wildlife cameras, they’ll all sell out

Back to bog rolls then, I have been experimenting . All figures aproximate to nearest decimal place.

I reckon in this time of hardship I can get by with 20 sheets per sh*t.

There are aprox. 200 sheets per bog roll = 10 sh*ts per roll.

There are 24 rolls in a large pack = 240 sh*ts.

So at one crap per day a single large pack should last me 240 days - that's till about November.

So I am asking of all these people carting off multiple packs: WTF are you eating? How often do you crap a day? Have you all got 10+ people living at home? Do you honestly think you will be locked inside for 8 bloody months and not able to get to a shop? Or are you just all stupid and can't count?

What is going on ?

Banned
    One reported symptom of CV is diarrhoea.

Mind you, East Enders and coronation street cause the same symptom : have you factored them in?

Ps how many “experiments” did you do, and did the experimental method involve prune juice?

Back to bog rolls then, I have been experimenting . All figures aproximate to nearest decimal place.

So at one crap per day a single large pack should last me 240 days - that's till about November.

So I am asking of all these people carting off multiple packs: WTF are you eating? How often do you crap a day? Have you all got 10+ people living at home? Do you honestly think you will be locked inside for 8 bloody months and not able to get to a shop? Or are you just all stupid and can't count?

What is going on ?

What is going on ?
    Mmmh. Well from the ridiculous to the sublime; my local Tesco was bare of Dove yesterday, which some may regard as "soap" but is actually a "beauty cream bar - for soft, smooth skin".

It really must be the apocalypse.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill

What is going on ?
    I usually get by with 6 sheets per sh*t. On the other hand, with all the fresh vegetables and fruit in my diet, it's about three sh*ts per day, so I end up using about as much loo roll as you do, Moley.

But like you, I still can't understand the psychology behind all this panic buying. And I'm also worried that a lot of the food will just be allowed to rot, and thrown away (or thrown away when it is perfectly OK, but just past its Best Before date).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I'm in touch with someone with neighbour over the road can't get his car in the garage as he's filled it with tins, mainly soup.