Thread: Site translation

Site translation

I'm looking at "internationalising" the Club's website and translating it into various languages. It's something that I've considered for a while.

Now Google Translate doesn't quite cut it: "Fell runners" becomes "coureurs tombés" in French for example. So if anyone who's fluent in both English and another language and would like to fend off the boredom of home lockdown then get in touch, either PM on here or [email protected]

The first tranche would likely be: French, German, Spanish, Italian but any other European language is welcome.

Fame or fortune unlikely.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    "Coureurs tombés" seems a rather accurate description of fell runners.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I'm looking at "internationalising" the Club's website and translating it into various languages. It's something that I've considered for a while.

Now Google Translate doesn't quite cut it: "Fell runners" becomes "coureurs tombés" in French for example. So if anyone who's fluent in both English and another language and would like to fend off the boredom of home lockdown then get in touch, either PM on here or [email protected]

The first tranche would likely be: French, German, Spanish, Italian but any other European language is welcome.

Fame or fortune unlikely.
    Se você desejar posso traduzir para português

Leiria did hold the trail championships this year , won by Jonathan Albon.

We certainly haven't had any successful completions by Portuguese runners but I'm not sure if any have expressed an interest - I can't distinguish between many Spanish and Portuguese names for example. No-one's asked me if they are the first Portuguese to attempt it.

Drop me a PM with contact details and I'll send you the files along with tips/instructions.

Ta.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back