Page 194 of 300 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2997

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    4.76 miles, 2,476 feet, 1 hour 57 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including twice up and once down the race route from/to the kissing gate. A walk - just me. Sunny with some patchy high clouds; a cold wind from the north west. Terrain damp and slippery in places. No frost/ice. I saw about 20 others on the fell, and 1 fellow runner.

I think I did a PB on the ascents - 21 minutes each time. It usually takes me a couple of minutes longer. The descent - 13 minutes.

Good to see the confidence is back that you are able to go out on the hill again Mike.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Good to see the confidence is back that you are able to go out on the hill again Mike.
    Thanks. It is so good to be feeling OK, and to want to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Sorry to hear that. It sounds like a classic example of where you concentrate for several hours over difficult terrain, and then relax when back on the easy stuff . . . . Anyway, I hope you manage to get yourself back on the fells before too long.
    I've only ever done an ankle when I was switched off and coasting.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I've only ever done an ankle when I was switched off and coasting.
    Well done, Mr B. I wish I had your mental fortitude! I'm sure there are many of us (myself included) who have numerous scars obtained from the last km of benign trail back to the car/van after an arduous run.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Master
    5.5 miles, 2,037 feet, 2 hours 28 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including along the ridge to the true top and back, and once down the race route to the kissing gate. A walk with my partner. Lovely sunshine, a few high clouds, a cold wind from the north west. Terrain widely frozen and icy. Microspikes carried but not used. Quite a few walkers about, and one runner.

Master
    10.3 miles, 2,607 feet, 3 hours 8 minutes: around the Roman Ruins, then Loughrigg trails - just me; mainly walking but some gentle slow running. Sunshine, and some clouds catching the highest tops. A cool breeze from the north west. Terrain mainly dry, but firm/icy in places. Quite a few walkers on the main routes.

Master
    11.87 miles, 3,511 feet, 4 hours 59 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Miller Bridge - Low Sweden Bridge - Rock Step - Low Pike - High Pike - High Bakestons - Scandale - Red Screes - South Ridge - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. A walk with my partner. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet; the occasional patch of blue sky. A cold wind from the west. Terrain hard/icy in many places. Quite a few walkers, and about 10 runners, on the fells.

Master
    10.03 miles, 2,589 feet, 3 hours 27 minutes: Roman Ruins - Wansfell Pike - Roman Ruins. The first 6 miles were walking with my partner, the last 4 running by myself. Overcast, no sunshine at all, no rain, no significant wind. Terrain mainly dry. Not many on the fell.

Master
    8.41 miles, 3,273 feet, 2 hours 47 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including twice up and twice down the race route from/to the kissing gate, and taking in the Roman Ruins, Stagshaw Gardens - newly open after the storm - and the Champion Tree Trail. Overcast, with the cloud base just above the valley floor. No wind/sunshine/rain. Terrain damp, slippery at times. Not many about.