Page 146 of 300 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2997

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I got my free bus pass just a week or 2 before the first lockdown, and have yet to use it. My partner recently walked from Ambleside down to Claife Heights, took the ferry over to Bowness, then the bus back to Ambleside. Ferry - £1, bus - £6; she was the only person on the bus. Pre lockdown a group of us got the bus from Kirkstone to Pooley Bridge and ran back - a good outing.
    That sounds great....

But am i reading that correctly... £6 for a single fare Bowness to Ambleside!?!?

The Kirkstone - Pooley Bridge bus is the one which i'll be using (my village is next one after Pooley Bridge)

Master
    Here you go Travs :-

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/ticket...g%5Btotal%5D=1

Public transport at it`s best, if you want to go further checkout the Northwest Explorer ticket
    Last edited by JohnK; 14-04-2021 at 08:28 PM. Reason: added a u
    The older I get the Faster I was

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    That sounds great....

But am i reading that correctly... £6 for a single fare Bowness to Ambleside!?!?

The Kirkstone - Pooley Bridge bus is the one which i'll be using (my village is next one after Pooley Bridge)
    Yes - £6 - that is the cheapest ticket. But you can go a lot further for not much more.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Looks like you're moving to the wrong mountains for bus travel, Travs: it's only £2 to Pen y Pass from as far away as Llanrwst.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Yes - £6 - that is the cheapest ticket. But you can go a lot further for not much more.
    Presumably one would be purchasing a First Class ticket for £6, with complementary refreshments - luncheon perhaps?
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Here you go Travs :-

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/ticket...g%5Btotal%5D=1

Public transport at it`s best, if you want to go further checkout the Northwest Explorer ticket
    Thank you JohnK

Although I'm traditional and have the 508 timetable printed out to stick to my fridge!

Need to be careful with Lakes buses. I was once tempted on to the top deck of an open-top service on a cold bright day at this time of year. After doing 60mph along the A591 I couldn't feel my face for about half an hour after I got off.
    Geoff Clarke

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Thank you JohnK

Although I'm traditional and have the 508 timetable printed out to stick to my fridge!
    Your welcome Travs, I will forgo the fridge tip though thank you.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Master
    13.27 miles, 4,388 feet, 4 hours 21 minutes: Wansfell Ridge - St Raven's Edge - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm. Blue sky, the occasional cloud, a slight breeze on the tops, terrain dry and soft. Quite a lot on Wansfell Pike, very few on Red Screes, though the Kirkstone car park was almost full. Superb running conditions.

Master
    10.53 miles, 3,073 feet, 3 hours 9 minutes: Loughrigg trails. The lovely calm dry sunny weather persists. Lots on the fell. My partner walked Red Screes - loved it - but wants me to remind her to take food next time.