Page 112 of 300 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2997

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    6.14 miles, 2,572 feet, 2 hours 1 minute: Blue Hill Woods - Wansfell Pike - race route descent to the kissing gate - back the same way - the steps were very busy. Sunshine/showers/windy at times/not cold. Very wet/slippery/muddy - water flowing down in places where I have never seen it flow before.

My second run of my "latest comeback", predictably tweaked my calf and walked home, quite sore now and limping about.
    This is why cycling is now my preference - except it is winter and biking + winter weather don't do it for me. Hence I try running again
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I agree Moley, cycling is such a faff, even more so in Winter and I only do it because I can't run.

Having said that, the first run of my latest comeback is inked in for the 1st Nov and I'm chomping on the bit as my last run was on 1st Sept.

Shame about your calf and I'm sure my legs are in for a surprise!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I think my calves are full of scare tissue and knotted from many old injuries, if I lay off running there is hell to pay when I start again as everything tries to stretch out. Plus I'm too impatient to take it very slowly, once I'm up and running regularly it is fine - so long as I don't stop!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Gentle walk round Padley Gorge. It varied between biblical rain and wonderful views. I should do some running really. Maybe tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Gentle walk round Padley Gorge. It varied between biblical rain and wonderful views. I should do some running really. Maybe tomorrow.
    As you'll know Noel the descent on the Grindleford Fell race includes almost the entire length of Padley Gorge.

It has just about every hazard going, large and small gritstone rocks, muddy puddles of varying depth, tree roots, low branches, old slippery wooden steps, the odd drop to the left, walkers and dogs coming up, sometimes blinding dappled sunshine, usually midges in the eyes and mouth and always another runner in the way and one breathing down your neck.

I love it!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 27-10-2020 at 12:21 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    ...and always another runner in the way and one breathing down your neck.

Yes! 286 others blocking the way when I did it in 1998!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    7.28 miles, 1,335 feet, 80 minutes: 5 of the 9 road hills of Ambleside, 4 of them twice. Doing the other 4 would have involved going through town, which, from a distance, looked busy. Rain throughout. Lots of slow moving traffic.

Master
    12.05 miles, 3,747 feet, 3 hours 23 minutes: Low Sweden Bridge - Low/High Pike - Dove Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm. Sunshine/showers/hail/strong wind at times. Terrain sodden and slippery. Fells are fairly quiet. Roads are clogged - a minor bridge near Low Wood is being repaired so there are temporary traffic lights in place - apparently they will be there a week or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    As you'll know Noel the descent on the Grindleford Fell race includes almost the entire length of Padley Gorge.

It has just about every hazard going, large and small gritstone rocks, muddy puddles of varying depth, tree roots, low branches, old slippery wooden steps, the odd drop to the left, walkers and dogs coming up, sometimes blinding dappled sunshine, usually midges in the eyes and mouth and always another runner in the way and one breathing down your neck.

I love it!
    It's years since I've done this one. Another to pencil in when we can race again.