Page 93 of 300 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    12.49 miles, 3,360 feet, 3 hours 12 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe. The highest tops are just in cloud; cool breeze at times, but a vest was all that was needed. Lots of folk about. Again, lots of road crossings.

Nice. A bit jealous!

Master
    7.72 miles, 2,195 feet, 1 hour 55 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Ground is very wet; not many out, but I left it late to start.

Walk with an old mate
    7.8 miles, 530ft, 2:44 up the canal, round Hoghton Tower and back.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    15 miles, 4,193 feet, 4 hours 17 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe, plus Cofa Pike. Initially overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,00ft. Cleared up on the descent. Vest "only" temperature. Fairly quiet - I imagine the clouds put quite a few off.

Master
    7.75 miles, 2,156 feet, 1 hour 58 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Cloud base at about 1,000 feet, constant drizzle/mizzle, but not cold so again vest only. Some sad looking walkers in full kit; one other runner taking a boggy line along the ridge.

Due to some home circumstances, training took a minor back seat the past few days. However managed to get out with my old school-friends/drinking partners who we used to to walking with in Snowdonia and the Lakes.

Was a bit of a carry-on trying to meet up as i was running up out of Church Stretton onto the Long Mynd, and they were camping on the far side of the Mynd in an unfamiliar area to them... the only clue to their whereabouts was telling me that they were going "clockwise"....?!?!

This led to me running up onto the top and combing the area, finally locating them with the use of frantic waving and telephone... which was then repeated with farcical circumstances trying to locate another lady who didn't know the area or where we were.

Still all was well that ends well and we managed a decent walk from the top of the Mynd down into Stretton, along into Little Stretton and then back up onto the top of the Mynd. I then ran off back down the road into Stretton and back to the car. Not the most imaginative of outings, there are far better routes we could have done, avoiding crowds and a lot of road walking, but still good to get out and catch up with old friends.

An easy 13 miles and 2300ft of mostly gentle walking for me, interspersed with some bouts of running, on a very pleasant day. Probably a little more strenuous for the others but seems to have rekindled the desire for them to get into the great outdoors again, which is always a positive.
    Last edited by Travs; 17-07-2020 at 05:48 PM.

8 miles flat out with the club (in Socially distanced group of 6). Been taking a group of improvers out recently and long runs at the weekend, so a speedy 8 miles hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Due to some home circumstances, training took a minor back seat the past few days. However managed to get out with my old school-friends/drinking partners who we used to to walking with in Snowdonia and the Lakes.

Was a bit of a carry-on trying to meet up as i was running up out of Church Stretton onto the Long Mynd, and they were camping on the far side of the Mynd in an unfamiliar area to them... the only clue to their whereabouts was telling me that they were going "clockwise"....?!?!

This led to me running up onto the top and combing the area, finally locating them with the use of frantic waving and telephone... which was then repeated with farcical circumstances trying to locate another lady who didn't know the area or where we were.

Still all was well that ends well and we managed a decent walk from the top of the Mynd down into Stretton, along into Little Stretton and then back up onto the top of the Mynd. I then ran off back down the road into Stretton and back to the car. Not the most imaginative of outings, there are far better routes we could have done, avoiding crowds and a lot of road walking, but still good to get out and catch up with old friends.

An easy 13 miles and 2300ft of mostly gentle walking for me, interspersed with some bouts of running, on a very pleasant day. Probably a little more strenuous for the others but seems to have rekindled the desire for them to get into the great outdoors again, which is always a positive.
    Always good meeting up with old friends Travs. I hope the event ended with a skinfull!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Always good meeting up with old friends Travs. I hope the event ended with a skinfull!
    Never!

Sadly one group camping, and two of us in separate cars with longer drives home, it'll have to wait!! No doubt the campers got some in... a lot of the talk was of our usual "compulsory kit" for our historic walking trips up into Snowdonia... usually involving cans of Boddingtons!!
    Last edited by Travs; 17-07-2020 at 06:37 PM.