Page 173 of 300 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

@Mike T
    how the heck do you manage to do so much outdoor activity?????
    You must be both retired AND fit AND living in the right place, which is a top luxury combination.
    I envy you, and I bet I'm not alone.
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    13.78 miles, 4,831 feet, 4 hours 46 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Winterseeds - Little Tongue - Grisedale Tarn - Helvellyn and back via the zig-zags - Fairfield - Nab Scar - Alcock Tarn - Traveller's Rest. Initially overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,550 feet; intermittent drizzle, terrain wet and slippery, quite a strong but not cold wind on top. It cleared up somewhat later, with spells of sunshine. Lots heading up to Fairfield - there is obviously an event on, as there were marshals on the top, and lots of cars parked in the event field in Grasmere. Not many people elsewhere, though I did see 4 other fell runners.
    Possibly the Helvellyn Triathlon...?

Master
    15.18 miles, 4,525 feet, 5 hours 12 minutes: Ambleside to Hartsop Hall and back, taking the same route out and and back via Low Sweden Bridge - Rock Step - Low Pike - High Pike - Dove Crag - "Large pile of stones". I went up on the east side of the wall, and down on the west side. Sunshine and clouds, a lovely cool breeze at times, no rain, terrain dry and firm. Not many about, despite the excellent forecast.

This was my 365th running day in a row.
    Last edited by Mike T; 15-09-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    @Mike T
    how the heck do you manage to do so much outdoor activity?????
    You must be both retired AND fit AND living in the right place, which is a top luxury combination.
    I envy you, and I bet I'm not alone.
    Well done!
    Thanks Gambatte - yes, I am retired, and I am very lucky living in Ambleside. It is a "honey pot", but for good reasons.

Master
    11.32 miles, 4,424 feet, 4 hours 34 minutes: ODG - Buscoe Sike - Three Tarns - Crinkle Crags - Red Tarn - Pike O'Blisco - Blea Tarn - Lingmoor Fell - The Squeeze - Side Pike - ODG. Sunshine and clouds, a cold wind up high, lower down it was a refreshing breeze. Mist/cloud coming and going on the very highest tops. No rain, terrain mainly dry, but damp and slippery in the mist. Quite a few heading up to the Crinkles from Red Tarn, and on Lingmoor Fell.

Master
    10.06, 2,680 feet, 2 hours 46 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Very overcast, particularly at first, when it looked like it could rain any minute, though it never did. No wind. Terrain mainly dry and firm. Not many on the fell, though Lily Tarn was quite popular, with about a dozen people there.

Master
    10.92 miles, 3,940 feet, 3 hours 39 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Winterseeds - Grisedale Tarn - Helvellyn - Grisedale Tarn - Seat Sandal - Winterseeds - Traveller's Rest. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,000 feet, and misty below that. Virtually constant light drizzle, though it was not cold, and I did not use my waterproof top. A cool wind at times. Terrain wet and slippery. As usual, the top of of Helvellyn was busy; it was fairly quiet elsewhere, except in town, which is heaving. I saw 6 other fell runners.

There are two paths going around the north side of Grisedale Tarn - the higher is by far the nicer of the two - less boggy, and it connects much more easily with the path next to the wall ascending Seat Sandal.

Master
    14.79 miles, 4,218 feet, 4 hours 15 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Rydal - Nab Scar - Fairfield - Hart Crag - Dove Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. Overcast, with the cloud base initially at about 800 feet, later rising to 1,200 feet; intermittent light drizzle, no significant wind, not cold, terrain damp and slippery. Not many about.

Master
    12.13 miles, 3,456 feet, 4 hours 15 minutes: Elterwater - Silver How - Lang How - Swinescar Pike - High Raise - Sergeant Man - then back more or less the same way I had come. Sunshine and clouds, very clear, a cool breeze on the tops but not cold, no rain, terrain dry and firm. Apart from on Silver How there were very few about, which I found a bit surprising given how nice a day it is.

Master
    9.44 miles, 3,462 feet, 3 hours 11 minutes: Wansfell Pike from three sides. Thin high cloud, resulting in perfect slightly weakened sunshine. A pleasant cool breeze on the top. No rain; terrain damp and slippery in places, dry elsewhere. The two main paths to the top of the Pike are busy; I was on my own on the race descent and when ascending from the south-east. Town busy.

I had my flu vaccination this morning. It does amaze me how painless flu vaccinations are.