Page 299 of 299 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299
Results 2,981 to 2,986 of 2986

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    10.69 miles, 3,489 feet, 3 hours 52 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including Todd Crag, Lily Tarn, down the race route to the road at High Close, and back up to the top via the steps overlooking Loughrigg Tarn. Sunshine - at last - and clouds, with the cloud base at about 1,500 feet at first, higher later. A few minutes of drizzle, lots of rainbows. A moderate wind from the west. Terrain: dry to saturated and everything in between; very slippery in places. Not many walkers on the fell. 8 runners seen, all in the valleys.

Master
    9.06 miles, 2,527 feet, 3 hours 4 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including along the ridge to the true top, down to the upper part of Nanny lane, back up to the Pike, and down the race route. Overcast with occasional patches of blue sky; the cloud base just caught some of the high tops. No rain. A moderate breeze from the south. Terrain mainly wet/saturated/slippery. Lots of walkers on the fell; car parks in the valley busy. 1 runner seen; an AAC member, he had come up from Troutbeck.

Master
    10.71 miles, 2,964 feet, 3 hours 34 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Miller Bridge - Rydal Park - Low Sweden Bridge - rock step - High Sweden Bridge - Scandale - Red Screes - south ridge - Golden Rule - Ambleside. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 600 feet. Visibility down to 100 feet at times. Almost constant drizzle/light rain; a moderate breeze from the south east. Terrain saturated/streaming/very slippery. Very few people on the fells - I saw about a dozen walkers and 4 runners; there were 2 more runners in the valley.

Just in case you are getting lonely on here Mike...

8.73 miles, 1200ft, 1:44 walk with MrsWP. Black Bull, Rock Inn, The Sunnyhurst, The Royal Arms pub crawl recce for next weekend, checking underfoot conditions.

No beverages today
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    11.48 miles, 3,092 feet, 3 hours 42 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including down the race route to the road at High Close, down through Deerbolts Woods to Grasmere shore, then back up to the top via Loughrigg Terrace and the steps overlooking Grasmere. Initially overcast, with the cloud base at about 600 feet, but a lot of the clouds melted away as the day progressed. No rain; a moderate breeze from the west. Terrain wet/saturated/slippery. Quite a few walkers about.

I saw 1 runner - her dog threatened me twice - the first time it was my fault for jumping onto the path, the second time it was again my fault for shouting at the dog, despite the fact that its threatening behaviour came before my shouting. Such a good example of responsible dog ownership.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Just in case you are getting lonely on here Mike...

8.73 miles, 1200ft, 1:44 walk with MrsWP. Black Bull, Rock Inn, The Sunnyhurst, The Royal Arms pub crawl recce for next weekend, checking underfoot conditions.

No beverages today
    It is good to have company!