Page 25 of 303 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Banned
    It wos ‘Imm wot started it mister. Snot my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    May I suggest that we keep this to "Todays permitted exercise!" and to discuss matters of economics have a new thread for those interested?
    Last edited by Oracle; 03-04-2020 at 01:06 PM.

9 very hilly miles on the roads to the west of Otley. Only benefit of road running is that you don't have to watch your feet all the time and can look at the view.

Bike ride today, managed 14 miles (about 41/2 off road) which came out at 1870ft, but most of that is on the way out 7 miles. That's enough hills for my little legs at this stage.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Banned
    20k road bike with just over 300m of ascent.

Nice afternoon to be out with a little sunshine breaking through.

Well, that's my permitted exercise outdoors for today.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Another 26km/500m ascent bike ride this evening. I like to pick up on the positive in all this and every ride I have done in the last week or so, I have seen lots of families out exercising together. Let's hope it continues post-virus.

8 mile, 1000ft 2:30

Similar to last two days with a slight extension at the end.

Looks like the walks will come to an end Sunday. Mrs WP called back in to work from Monday. Seems that they have agreed to make PPE for the NHS/Care sector.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Drove A couple of miles to do a couple of miles. I am angry at my local council for compromising my safety by closing paths and parks forcing me to run in areas I cannot avoid proximity to people, so I ignored the closure sign

The council should be prosecuted for conspiracy with landowners to actively prevent others social distancing as required by the law

. My approach to this would be to sack half the council. If they still have enough resource to close the park ( or prevent fell races at other times of year) then sack another half till all they have left is time to do the job they are paid to do, instead of more non jobs like this

Ps comparing your experience Witton - the ( 300 man) biotech facility still hasn’t been asked to help despite having all the modern equipment and skills needed. PHE bosses need sacking. Not the governments fault.
    Last edited by Oracle; 03-04-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    . My approach to this would be to sack half the council.
    They'd probably get a tidy severance package and then after a little holiday be back in employment in another department, or as a consultant
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Drove A couple of miles to do a couple of miles. I am angry at my local council for compromising my safety by closing paths and parks forcing me to run in areas I cannot avoid proximity to people, so I ignored the closure sign

The council should be prosecuted for conspiracy with landowners to actively prevent others social distancing as required by the law

. My approach to this would be to sack half the council. If they still have enough resource to close the park ( or prevent fell races at other times of year) then sack another half till all they have left is time to do the job they are paid to do, instead of more non jobs like this

Ps comparing your experience Witton - the ( 300 man) biotech facility still hasn’t been asked to help despite having all the modern equipment and skills needed. PHE bosses need sacking. Not the governments fault.
    But apart from that Oracle, have you had a good day?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Trying to do a foreign tax return, probably explains my grumpiness. Even then I was happy till I saw the path closed signs!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    But apart from that Oracle, have you had a good day?