Page 183 of 304 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3032

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Rather unusual route for today's walk: down to the Soar valley, through Quorn and Mountsorrel, then up to Swithland reservoir and back via the posh part of Quorn (Buddon Lane). Included several public footpaths that I had never been along before, including the one through the Lafarge Aggregates works. Good views from some parts of the walk to my more usual stamping ground, the hills on the east side of Charnwood Forest.

3 hours and 53 minutes of fairly brisk walking, relentless apart from two short breaks in Quorn: one for a bit of gravestone reading on the path through the parish churchyard, and another one to read the information board giving the history of Swyne Green, the area of land which has now become the public park known as Stafford Orchard. I could definitely feel it in my legs by the end of the walk; unlike Mike T, I am not doing this sort of effort every day.
    Last edited by anthonykay; 13-11-2021 at 09:10 PM.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Good training for your attempt at the Charnwood Forest Four!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    13.55 miles, 4,056 feet, 4 hours 8 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Miller Bridge - Low Sweden Bridge - Rock Step - Low/High Pikes - Dove Crag - High Hartsop Dodd - Little Hart Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. Mainly overcast, with the occasional patch of blue sky. Cloud banks here and there - no distinct cloud base. A breeze on the tops. Not cold - waterproof top not needed. No rain; terrain damp/wet and slippery. Lots of low level walkers, only a few on the fells.

Master
    10.75 miles, 3,411 feet, 3 hours 18 minutes: Wansfell Pike from two sides, including twice down (on the grass) and once up (on the steps) the race route to/from the kissing gate. Overcast, with mist down to the valley floor, increasing in density with height. No wind nor rain; not cold - waterproof top not needed. Terrain wet/saturated and slippery. Quite a few walkers on the steps.

Master
    11.04 miles, 3,150 feet, 3 hours 45 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Bracken Hause - Helm Crag - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Calf Crag - Bracken Hause - Traveller's Rest. Overcast, with the cloud base just catching some of the highest tops. A cold wind from the south west - no rain. Terrain wet/saturated and slippery. Rather cold, but I did not use my waterproof top. I only saw six others - walkers - on the fells.

Master
    12.71 miles, 2,577 feet, 3 hours 20 minutes: Bog Lane laps, Brathay and Loughrigg trails. Cloudy/misty with the occasional patch of blue sky. A cool breeze at times, and a few minutes of light rain. Terrain damp/wet and slippery. Lots of walkers on the lower trails, and a couple of school groups higher up - nice to see.

Master
    8.43 miles, 3,157 feet, 2 hours 59 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Grisedale Tarn - Fairfield - Great Rigg - towards Stone Arthur - Heron Pike - Nab Scar - Alcock Tarn - Traveller's Rest. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. A strong wind from the west on the tops. Intermittent light drizzle. Not cold - waterproof top not used. Terrain wet and slippery. About a dozen walkers seen on the fells. Town busy.

I took the wrong line off Great Rigg and found myself heading towards Stone Arthur - I realised almost straight away but decided to carry on and then reverse the route as it was such nice running. I turned around well short of Stone Arthur, as soon as it became rocky.
    Last edited by Mike T; 18-11-2021 at 05:20 PM.

I managed a short walk up the hill and round. Tiring 🙁.
    Had our booster jab on Sunday and although I only suffered a very sore arm for a few days and no bad symptoms, I've struggled with energy, been as flat as a pancake when trying any gentle exercise. Only 4 days I suppose but anyone else suffered similar? Mrs Mole was poleaxed the next day with headaches and sweats but fine now.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I managed a short walk up the hill and round. Tiring ��.
    Had our booster jab on Sunday and although I only suffered a very sore arm for a few days and no bad symptoms, I've struggled with energy, been as flat as a pancake when trying any gentle exercise. Only 4 days I suppose but anyone else suffered similar? Mrs Mole was poleaxed the next day with headaches and sweats but fine now.
    A local fell runner - in his 60s - not me - spent the day after his booster in bed with aches and pains and headache - but it was all over by the following day.

Stop it, Stop it, you two.

I've got my booster next Tuesday!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog