Page 100 of 300 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2997

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    7.54 miles, 2,257 feet, 2 hours 2 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Overcast but warm. Fell, pavements, roads all busy, though the cars are not stationery. Vest and tights! I have never looked forward to autumn so much.

My brother and his young family are gracing Ambleside for a weeks holiday from Saturday... although i don't think they'll be cluttering up the fells! More likely Waterhead and Bowness...!

Super Moderator
    Nice fellwear update Mike. Thanks
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Super Moderator
    We’re not allowed to meet friends at our home or garden, or theirs, but we are allowed to go out playing in what the Met office is saying is a greater than 95% chance of heavy rain plus, to the pub afterwards. That’s tonight sorted then
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    My brother and his young family are gracing Ambleside for a weeks holiday from Saturday... although i don't think they'll be cluttering up the fells! More likely Waterhead and Bowness...!
    The earlier and/or higher the better ....

Coniston School carpark, Walna Scar, Goats Water, Goats Hawse and Old Man top, then a descent through the crowds down the tourist route because I was in a rush which was fun

Banned
    A long walk around my work both inside and out.

Full one way system for when the students return.

Let's see what happens in 3 weeks when after a trip to the WC they have to do a full lap of the outside off the building to satisfy the one-way system.

Nice in summer but a long way on a rainy day.

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Coniston School carpark, Walna Scar, Goats Water, Goats Hawse and Old Man top, then a descent through the crowds down the tourist route because I was in a rush which was fun
    I always stick to the tourist path for a couple of hundred yards maximum, then branch off to the right down to the quarry. A little longer but more pleasant than a busy tourist path, and I suspect quicker on a busy day.

Having said that I absolutely love the tourist path in terms of scenery and industrial interest.

It made things a bit more interesting yep the industrial history is interesting, it was good to see the new waterwheel from above for the first time

Master
    7.35 miles, 2,323 feet, 1 hour 58 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Lots on the main paths to/from the Pike. Overcast, warm wind, almost as windy in the valleys as on top. Still very wet underfoot.