Page 38 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Sounds about right...

A bit like the Cumbria/Welsh natives who have been busy on Facebook telling everyone else to stay off the Fells, to reduce the risk of mountain rescue callouts... Then going up there themselves... (which of course they are quite within their rights to do so... But probably shouldn't be telling everyone else how to exercise!)

Replying to Llani btw

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Sounds about right...

A bit like the Cumbria/Welsh natives who have been busy on Facebook telling everyone else to stay off the Fells, to reduce the risk of mountain rescue callouts... Then going up there themselves... (which of course they are quite within their rights to do so... But probably shouldn't be telling everyone else how to exercise!)

Replying to Llani btw
    I think this :- https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1...covid-19-rate/

And this :-

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/18365...th-toll-rises/

explains why visitors are not particulary welcome in Cumbria at the moment
    Last edited by JohnK; 09-04-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post

Being hit hard in this neck of the woods, Mrs DTR and I know 3 people who’ve succumbed to this, it’s not good, not the greatest hospital coverage either too many folk and not enough hospital beds 😐

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post

There is a national Covid-19 tracker in the Telegraph, that I tend to look at. The number of cases in Cumbria seems to be extraordinarily high.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    It's simple - rural communities lack the health infrastructure to cope with the current situation. They also have a higher vulnerable demographic. Stay at home, people.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    It's simple - rural communities lack the health infrastructure to cope with the current situation. They also have a higher vulnerable demographic. Stay at home, people.
    By and large rural counties have a lower proportion of their populations with confirmed cases than urban areas. Cumbria for some reason appears to be the main exception to this rule.

what isn't clear is where the cases are coming from. Cumbria has a few urban centres dotted around the outside of the Lakeland area.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I'm not suggesting for a minute we should all set off to Cumbria this morning...

But the notion that people are travelling half the country to go and walk in Langdale is absolute rubbish... It's far more likely that people out and about in Cumbria are from other parts of Cumbria.

My main point was "locals" main argument for everyone staying off the Fells is to ease pressure on mountain rescue... But they clearly don't think that argument applies to them.

(not saying I disagree with them going on the Fells, but it's all a bit hypocritical!)

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'm not suggesting for a minute we should all set off to Cumbria this morning...

But the notion that people are travelling half the country to go and walk in Langdale is absolute rubbish... It's far more likely that people out and about in Cumbria are from other parts of Cumbria.

My main point was "locals" main argument for everyone staying off the Fells is to ease pressure on mountain rescue... But they clearly don't think that argument applies to them.

(not saying I disagree with them going on the Fells, but it's all a bit hypocritical!)
    Cumbria Police have stopped and are actively stopping numerous vehicles heading into the Lakes and turning them around, it appears that a lot of these people are travelling long distances to come here when they shouldn’t be.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Well said PeteS