Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188
Results 1,871 to 1,874 of 1874

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    12.95 miles, 2,689 feet, 3 hours 53 minutes: around the Roman Ruins, then Brathay and Loughrigg trails. Overcast, with the cloud base just catching some of the highest tops. Breezy on the top of Loughrigg; no rain, not cold. Some snow fell overnight above about 2,000 feet, but it looks very thin and patchy. Terrain soft and wet/saturated/slippery - very different from yesterday. Not many walkers about; no other runners seen.

I see Mountain Rescue had to help two people who had slipped on fairly low level ice yesterday - one on Nanny Lane, and one just below Orrest Head.

I saw one of the MRT had to stretcher a guy off who had got his mikrospikes stuck in the ground when falling, and suffered quite a bad break (to either his lower leg or ankle)

Nasty
    Peter Eccleston

Coventry Godiva Harriers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I saw one of the MRT had to stretcher a guy off who had got his mikrospikes stuck in the ground when falling, and suffered quite a bad break (to either his lower leg or ankle)

Nasty
    I saw that - it is a shame no details were given as to the actual mechanics of the fall/injury. The two people I mentioned would almost certainly have had a better end to their outings if they had been wearing microspikes.

Master
    8.08 miles, 3,009 feet, 2 hours 42 minutes: around the Roman Ruins, then Wansfell Pike from two sides, including twice down and once up the race route to/from the kissing gate. Initially sunshine and clouds, but it soon became fully overcast with light rain/wet snow. A cold wind from the north west. Terrain still frozen, apart from the top centimetre or two, which was wet/saturated and slippery. Microspikes carried but not needed. I was glad I had three layers top and bottom. Quite a few walkers on the steps.