Page 169 of 303 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 3025

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    11.03 miles, 2,186 feet, 2 hours 45 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including Loughrigg top from two sides. Overcast, almost continuous drizzle/light rain, but no wind and not cold so waterproof top not used. Terrain wet and slippery. Quite a few about low down, particularly Grasmere lakeside and the track up past what used to be the golf club from Miller Bridge; unusually, on both visits to Loughrigg top I was on my own.

Master
    11.64 miles, 4,164 feet, 4 hours 22 minutes: ODG - Red Tarn - Three Shires Stone - Grey Friar - Great Carrs - Three Shires Stone - Pike O'Blisco - ODG. Overcast, light drizzle at times, the sun came out towards the end, no wind, quite warm. Terrain wet and slippery. Very few high up - I saw a fellow runner on Wet Side Edge - lower paths very busy.
    Attempts are being made to block the direct grassy path next to the zig-zags above the camp-site opposite the ODG - reeds are being planted on the route, and some humps have been placed on it. And yet it is the zig-zags that are ugly, and that are causing obvious erosion.

Master
    11.41 miles, 4,518 feet, 4 hours 19 minutes: ODG - Red Tarn - Pike O'Blisco - Three Shires Stone - Wet Side Edge - Swirl How - back more or less the way I had come, leaving out Red Tarn. Sunshine and clouds, though initially Great Langdale was fog bound. No wind nor rain; pleasantly warm. Terrain damp and slippery. Not many high up, though there were lots of cars parked on the Wrynose Pass on my second visit.

Master
    18.15 miles, 5,197 feet, 5 hours 28 minutes: Torver to Ambleside via the Old Man, Brim Fell, Swirl How, Wetside Edge, Blea Tarn, Lingmoor Fell, Elterwater, High Close, Loughrigg top. Torver was enveloped in cloud, which I got above halfway up the Old Man. Sunshine and clouds after that, no wind, no rain, terrain mainly dry. I saw very few other people until I got to Loughrigg, which was quite busy.

A couple of young women in the dip between Brim Fell and Swirl How asked me the way "to the top, that way or that way?", pointing towards Swirl How and then Brim Fell - so I gave them the names of the nearby fells and left them to it.

Master
    10.42 miles, 3,830 feet, 3 hours 45 minutes: Coniston - Crook Beck - Steel Edge - Wetherlam - Black Sails - Prison Band - Swirl How - Brim Fell - The Old Man - Walna Scar Road - Coniston. Sunny and warm, no wind nor rain. Terrain dry, soft. Lots on the Old Man, very few elsewhere.

Master
    11.91 miles, 4,966 feet, 4 hours 22 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Winterseeds - Little Tongue - Grisedale Tarn - St Sunday Crag - Elmhow zig-zags - Grisedale Tarn - Seat Sandal - Winterseeds - Traveller's Rest. Sunny, a strong cold wind at first, even in the valleys, but it slowly abated. No rain, terrain dry and soft. Not many on the fells, but the roads and car parks are very busy, and town is heaving.

At last! The Steam Bunnies return to the hills! Toffer and I "ran" together for the first time in....years!
    7 mile loop of Cribyn and Pen y Fan from cwm gydi. 2700 ft climb. 2.20. Not bad!

Looked like you had a good time (in the pub afterwards!). Bit murky on top of p.y.f. but great to see the oldies back out again. More than I could manage at the moment.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Yes, we revisited The Bear in Crickhowell for celebratory scoff. New rule for SB exploits. Time spent in the bar must not exceed time spent on the hills. We managed to be compliant....just!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Well that won't motivate you to run faster will it? But may motivate you to go further and slower .
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.