Page 305 of 305 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305
Results 3,041 to 3,043 of 3043

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    14.62 miles, 3,505 feet, 4 hours 39 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe anti-clockwise from/to Rothay Bridge. I went up the rock step, and stayed on the race side of the wall until the trod south west of Dove Crag; I also took the trod to the west of Great Rigg, and went down to Alcock Tarn from the top of Heron Pike, then along the Coffin Trail and Under Loughrigg Road. Overcast, with the clouds above the high tops. Misty in the distance. No rain. A moderate breeze from the south. Terrain mainly dry with good grip. Not many walkers on the fells; 8 runners seen.

One cuckoo heard.

Master
    11.05 miles, 2,879 feet, 3 hours 22 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including down from Loughrigg top via the race route and Deerbolts Woods, and back up again. Overcast with the cloud base at about 800 feet, and misty below that. Intermittent drizzle. A moderate breeze from the west. Terrain damp/wet, but grip was good apart from the rocks. Lots of walkers on the fell, including several large groups. One of the AAC stars ran past me on the steps going up from Grasmere - oh to be young and fit. There were lots of parkrunners walking away from Rothay Park as I set off.

Master
    10.48 miles, 3,016 feet, 3 hours 26 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including along the ridge to the true top. Another cloudy/misty day; the cloud base was at about 1,000 feet. No rain, though I slowly got a bit damp in the cloud. No wind to speak of. Terrain damp/wet/slippery. Not many walkers about; no runners seen. Another cuckoo heard, and I heard one yesterday as well.