Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180
Results 1,791 to 1,797 of 1797

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

  1. #1791
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    3,849
    9.69 miles, 2,636 feet, 2 hours 51 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Overcast, cloud base at about 600 feet, constant light to moderate rain, a strong wind at the top of Loughrigg. Not cold. Terrain saturated and very slippery. The Under Loughrigg Road is flooded - up to a foot deep in places, and it will certainly get worse. Saw about a dozen walkers, and one fellow runner.

    I had intended to do a road run, but changed my mind once out, so I had the wrong shoes on to get any grip - Trailfly 300s instead of 255s - as I result I had to take it very carefully. Luckily no falls.
    Last edited by Mike T; Yesterday at 05:06 PM.

  2. #1792
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    3,849
    8.86 miles, 4,168 feet, 3 hours 27 minutes: Wansfell Pike three times, including thrice down and twice up the race route to/from the kissing gate. Overcast, cloud base at about 1,200 feet, constant drizzle - light/moderate rain, windy on the top, terrain saturated and very slippery, some roads flooded and impassible. Not cold. I was surprised how many walkers were on the main steps up to the Pike. Three fellow runners seen.

  3. #1793
    Master Travs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    3,919
    I see the OMM has been cancelled from Langdale this weekend Mike. Must be pretty rough up there (i'm down in Coventry at the moment so missed the worst of it!)

  4. #1794
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Posts
    1,839
    Meanwhile, down in Leicestershire, where it hasn't rained for a week, the footpaths are mostly dry.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

  5. #1795
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    3,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I see the OMM has been cancelled from Langdale this weekend Mike. Must be pretty rough up there (i'm down in Coventry at the moment so missed the worst of it!)
    The Under Loughrigg Road and the road to Clappersgate are both under several feet of water near Rothay Bridge - just down the hill from us. The roads between Ambleside and Grasmere, and between Windermere and Ings, are both closed, and, according to social media, there are abandoned cars in several spots. The only good thing is that it is not at all cold.

  6. #1796
    Master Travs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    3,919
    I've seen a lot of social media posts about Wasdale being effectively cut off. I saw a photo yesterday of the water level in Wastwater almost coming up to the top of one of the road signs.

  7. #1797
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    The Under Loughrigg Road and the road to Clappersgate are both under several feet of water near Rothay Bridge - just down the hill from us. The roads between Ambleside and Grasmere, and between Windermere and Ings, are both closed, and, according to social media, there are abandoned cars in several spots. The only good thing is that it is not at all cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I see the OMM has been cancelled from Langdale this weekend Mike. Must be pretty rough up there (i'm down in Coventry at the moment so missed the worst of it!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I've seen a lot of social media posts about Wasdale being effectively cut off. I saw a photo yesterday of the water level in Wastwater almost coming up to the top of one of the road signs.
    These days the current weather is pretty much par for the course for this time of year, just another thing we have got to learn to live with. From my point of view I love the extreme conditions.
    Last edited by JohnK; Today at 09:38 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •