Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174
Results 1,731 to 1,734 of 1734

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

@Mike T
    how the heck do you manage to do so much outdoor activity?????
    You must be both retired AND fit AND living in the right place, which is a top luxury combination.
    I envy you, and I bet I'm not alone.
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    13.78 miles, 4,831 feet, 4 hours 46 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Winterseeds - Little Tongue - Grisedale Tarn - Helvellyn and back via the zig-zags - Fairfield - Nab Scar - Alcock Tarn - Traveller's Rest. Initially overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,550 feet; intermittent drizzle, terrain wet and slippery, quite a strong but not cold wind on top. It cleared up somewhat later, with spells of sunshine. Lots heading up to Fairfield - there is obviously an event on, as there were marshals on the top, and lots of cars parked in the event field in Grasmere. Not many people elsewhere, though I did see 4 other fell runners.
    Possibly the Helvellyn Triathlon...?

Master
    15.18 miles, 4,525 feet, 5 hours 12 minutes: Ambleside to Hartsop Hall and back, taking the same route out and and back via Low Sweden Bridge - Rock Step - Low Pike - High Pike - Dove Crag - "Large pile of stones". I went up on the east side of the wall, and down on the west side. Sunshine and clouds, a lovely cool breeze at times, no rain, terrain dry and firm. Not many about, despite the excellent forecast.

This was my 365th running day in a row.
    Last edited by Mike T; Yesterday at 03:00 PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    @Mike T
    how the heck do you manage to do so much outdoor activity?????
    You must be both retired AND fit AND living in the right place, which is a top luxury combination.
    I envy you, and I bet I'm not alone.
    Well done!
    Thanks Gambatte - yes, I am retired, and I am very lucky living in Ambleside. It is a "honey pot", but for good reasons.