Page 148 of 300 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2997

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

I can just make out the trod on OS ariel mapping, starts right where the drive forks down to Maesnant.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I can just make out the trod on OS ariel mapping, starts right where the drive forks down to Maesnant.
    Got it.

I've also spotted a faint trod beside Nant Gelligogau which will take me down to Afon Hengwm.

Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 18-04-2021 at 09:13 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    13.32 miles, 3,422 feet, 3 hours 39 minutes: Under Loughrigg - Fox Ghyll - Loughrigg top - High Close - Elterwater - Swinescar Pike - Lang How - Sliver How - Loughrigg top - Fishgarths Wood - Clappersgate. Slightly overcast, a gentle refreshing breeze - the superb running conditions continue. In my vest for the last hour or so. Lots on Loughrigg, very few elsewhere. Quite a few cyclists about.

Master
    10.51 miles, 3,795 feet, 3 hours 19 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides, and along the ridge to Wansfell true top. Wall to wall sunshine. The terrain is so dry it is rather hard in places, but that is better than wet and slippery. Not many on the fell, but the car parks are pretty busy - I imagine lots are sitting outside at the pubs.

My partner walked to Elterwater and back - 17 km in total.

Master
    10.77 miles, 3,003 feet, 2 hours 59 minutes: Loughrigg trails. A bit hazy today, but this is not a complaint - sunny, no wind, not too hot - we are being spoilt. Quite a few about.

Master
    11.85 miles, 3,812 feet, 3 hours 16 minutes: Waterhead - Wansfell Pike - Roundhill Farm - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm. A bit more overcast than of late, and the wind was a bit cooler, but I still got down to my vest at the end. Quite a few on the Pike, and on the Roundhill Farm section - not many at all on Red Screes.

I wore my new TrailFly Ultra G300 Max shoes for the first time. I really like them - so comfortable, particularly when descending and on tarmac. It says a lot for Inov8's consistency that they could be worn out of the box on a run like this without any problems whatsoever. It will be interesting to see what their grip is like when it is wetter/muddier.

Master
    10.25 miles, 3,013 feet, 2 hours 56 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Blue sky, the occasional thin cloud, no wind - superb weather. Not that many about. My new shoes continue to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    10.25 miles, 3,013 feet, 2 hours 56 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Blue sky, the occasional thin cloud, no wind - superb weather. Not that many about. My new shoes continue to impress.
    One of my pals has just bought a new pair of them and will be wearing them "out of the box" on tonight's RATRun.

I'll let you know how he gets on with them.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 22-04-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    11.85 miles, 3,812 feet, 3 hours 16 minutes: Waterhead - Wansfell Pike - Roundhill Farm - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm. A bit more overcast than of late, and the wind was a bit cooler, but I still got down to my vest at the end. Quite a few on the Pike, and on the Roundhill Farm section - not many at all on Red Screes.

I wore my new TrailFly Ultra G300 Max shoes for the first time. I really like them - so comfortable, particularly when descending and on tarmac. It says a lot for Inov8's consistency that they could be worn out of the box on a run like this without any problems whatsoever. It will be interesting to see what their grip is like when it is wetter/muddier.
    Given the price of them I would not expect anything else, Personally I have never been able to get on with INOV8 to short lived and overpriced for me.
    Last edited by JohnK; 23-04-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Given the price of them I would not expect anything else, Personally I have never been able to get on with INOV8 to short lived and overpriced for me.
    What do you use instead? Inov-8s are definitely expensive and don't last that long. But when I buy cheaper they seem to fall apart more quickly. I'd be OK with expensive and long-lived, if you have any recommendations.