Page 31 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Plenty of walkers and runners making good use of the Royal Eastbourne course this morning with lots of space for social distancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Stagger - what do you think of the “ don’t close parks, open up golf courses for exercise “ petition

The supremely snotty folk of royal mid Surrey ( I have some experience of them) will be spluttering in their G and T s at the thought of us low class rabble invading their turf!

Banned
    Good for them!.
    The old gents of some of the "posh" clubs I referred - specifically old mid surrey as it was, still havent got over the idea that women can come into their clubhouse, let alone the great unwashed venture onto their hallowed ground!

I for one would love to see it! Why not the grounds of wimbledon or MCC, that would have them spitting feathers!

Todays permitted:
    I had a choice, dodge a gate of a locked park, or hop a fallen tree designed to keep public off a bridleway on farmland . I chose the latter to do a few miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Southdownharrier View Post
    Plenty of walkers and runners making good use of the Royal Eastbourne course this morning with lots of space for social distancing.

Banned
    I see no logic in closing golf courses.
    We haven't closed the country side.

It's just to pacify the none golfers. Played in 2s or 3s with sensible social distancing would be logical.

Then my practice retirement would be complete.

On the other hand I'm have been following the government guidance to the best of my ability.

Banned
    25 minutes on the mountain bike today has been the only time I've left my property in 3 days.
    We are unsure if we are making a contribution but we are certainly not to blame if it doesn't work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I see no logic in closing golf courses.
    We haven't closed the country side.

It's just to pacify the none golfers. Played in 2s or 3s with sensible social distancing would be logical.

Then my practice retirement would be complete.

On the other hand I'm have been following the government guidance to the best of my ability.
    Neither do I stagger. A little care on not touching each others balls is all it takes. Oops.

Todays PDE was a nine mile and 850 feet mainly off road run in a loop to Magpie Mine, Monyash, Haddon Grove and back home. A beautiful evening with the sun going down.

Saw a lapwing, 2 curlew and one human, a farmer friend on his Quad Bike fetching his cows in for milking.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Stagger - what do you think of the “ don’t close parks, open up golf courses for exercise “ petition

The supremely snotty folk of royal mid Surrey ( I have some experience of them) will be spluttering in their G and T s at the thought of us low class rabble invading their turf!
    I recall reading a few years back that one of those clubs censured one of their own members for going for a jog round the course

Banned
    Our club has said that gej.

All members are banned from all parts of the course for all reasons.

Spells it out in no uncertain terms.

I'd also add in fishing.
    Walked past a private fishery on Sunday. 3 lodges. All with marked out places to fish spaced out around 10-15 metres.
    Closed until further notice.
    Just a guy doing a bit of general maintenance, painting a bench.
    I can't see it would do any harm to allow a few anglers to turn up and spend a few hours passing the time of day.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Presumably "exercise" became the totem word because eg Gove and Johnson jog or cycle or something. Someone else might have suggested "recreation" but there we are.

Johnson has a dog and I think the Act is silent on canine excremental issues which is one (there are others) reason why I doubt if there will be any tightening on the "exercise" arrangements.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".