Page 97 of 300 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    9.55 miles, 3,143 feet, 2 hours 42 minutes: Wansfell Ridge, Kirksone Inn, Red Screes. Light rain on and off, often in cloud, I did put my waterproof top on. Very few on the fells, but like yesterday I started early. Town is busy. 49 pieces of litter in 1 mile on one side of the Kirkstone road.

9.75 miles in 2:56 - walked to the Hare & Hounds at Abbey Village for lunch and then back. Managed to avoid rain and quite pleasant.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    6.78 miles, 2,136 feet, 1 hour 46 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Overcast, perfect temperature for running. Fells busy - did not go near town nor Waterhead.

Master
    5.65 miles, 787 feet, 56 minutes: the quieter roads/smaller hills of Ambleside. Light rain throughout - each time it is raining when I set off I seem to have to relearn how pleasant it can be!

On top of the running there is HIIT or Broga 5 days a week - today was HIIT - amongst other stuff was 7 x 45 seconds of Burpees - such fun.

Master
    7.55 miles, 823 feet, 73 minutes: Drunken Duck loop. Light rain but not cold so vest only. The Duck is now open during the day - about 10 were sitting outside - under cover. Town is heaving so Mrs T tells me.

Master
    13.39 miles, 3,343 feet, 3 hours 39 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe, anti-clockwise. The gradients look so different from the other direction, and Nab Scar steps are no fun going down. Cloud from High Pike to Nab Scar, with light drizzle, but not cold, so vest only. Lots on the fell, including some climbing along the wall as "climbing practice", and throwing inconvenient rocks off it. I hope they were not locals. I did point out the error of their ways, but the response was to be invited to fight one of them. Idiot.
    Last edited by Mike T; 06-08-2020 at 08:55 PM.

I remember walking the Fairfield Horseshoe anti-clockwise in my early fellwalking days. I'd been up some decent sized hills (Skiddaw, Grasmoor, etc) but i think it was one of my first bigger days out, and took about 5-6 hours.

Had no idea that 20 years later i'd be racing it in 1hr45...!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Walk up Beacon Hill. There was a group of four children around the trig point. One of them said, "What is this?". Another thought it was something to do with telling the time. So I briefly explained its purpose, from the days before GPS.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I remember walking the Fairfield Horseshoe anti-clockwise in my early fellwalking days. I'd been up some decent sized hills (Skiddaw, Grasmoor, etc) but i think it was one of my first bigger days out, and took about 5-6 hours.

Had no idea that 20 years later i'd be racing it in 1hr45...!
    2.04 was my best I think - I can understand why both races go clockwise - so much more runnable that way around. Having said that, I will do anti-clockwise again - I will learn more that way - the nifty little trods that bypass some of the rocky sections were hard to stay on today. And there is always Alcock Tarn instead of Nab Scar, though it is a bit longer.

Master
    7.48 miles, 2,178 feet, 2 hours 3 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Very humid, but overcast. Not that many on the fell, I suspect they are in/near water/beer.