Page 175 of 300 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    10.81 miles, 3,779 feet, 3 hours 28 minutes: Wansfell Pike from three sides. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,000 feet. Intermittent light to moderate rain, a strong wind on top. It took me a couple of miles to feel warm, despite wearing full waterproof kit. Terrain saturated and slippery. I saw about a dozen others on the fell, one of them a fell runner. The local petrol station is "empty".

Master
    13.49 miles, 4,087 feet, 3 hours 53 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Low Sweden Bridge - Rock Step - Low/High Pikes - Dove Crag - High Hartsop Dodd - Little Hart Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. Sunshine and clouds, a cold wind on the tops, a couple of very brief light showers. Waterproof top not needed. Terrain anything from dry to damp to wet to saturated; slippery in many places. Not many on the fells.

Ascending Low and High Pikes on the east side of the wall has become my preferred way up - it is interestingly scrambly in places, whereas the west side is mainly a grassy/muddy uphill walk, better used when descending.

Master
    10.6 miles, 2,371 feet, 2 hours 52 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Overcast, cloud base at about 600 feet, constant light to moderate rain, no significant wind, terrain saturated and slippery. Not as cold as I thought it would be, though I had full waterproof kit on throughout. I did not see anybody else on the fell, though there were two other runners and a few walkers on Under Loughrigg.

Master
    8.52 miles, 3,223 feet, 2 hours 51 minutes: Wansfell Pike three times, though only from two sides. Sunshine and clouds, a cold wind, and a couple of brief light showers. Waterproofs worn throughout - it took a couple of miles for my toes to warm up. Terrain saturated and slippery. The two main paths to the Pike were busy, as are the pavements in town. The BP garage seems to have petrol again - no queue.

Master
    9.65 miles, 3,061 feet, 2 hours 58 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Overcast, constant light to moderate rain, a cold wind at times, terrain saturated and slippery. I wore full waterproofs throughout, and had the hood up most of the time. Given the grim weather forecast, I was surprised how many were out and about, both low down, and on the fell.

Master
    11.13 miles, 4,071 feet, 3 hours 41 minutes: Kirkstone Inn - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm - Wansfell Pike (3 times but only from 2 sides) - Ambleside. Overcast, intermittent heavy showers, a cold wind, the sun showed itself briefly from time to time. No consistent cloud base. Terrain saturated and slippery. Very few on the fells by the time I set off, having finished marshalling at the changeover. It was fun seeing how fast some ran despite the conditions. I did not see anyone fall. Well done to all who took part.

Master
    11.16 miles, 2,416 feet, 2 hours 58 minutes: Loughrigg trails, getting onto the fell via Fox's Ghyll, and leaving via Fishgarths Wood. Overcast, the cloud base being at about 1,000 feet, almost continuous light to moderate rain, very little wind, terrain saturated and slippery. Not that cold, but I did have full waterproofs on with the hood up all the time. Very few on the fell.

Master
    9.1 miles, 4,163 feet, 3 hours 3 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including twice up and three times down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Overcast, constant light to moderate rain, cloud base about 1,200 feet, windy at the very top, terrain saturated and slippery. I got a bit cold, despite wearing full waterproof cover - I should have worn an extra base layer. Not many on the fell.

I wore my new X-Talon 255s on Sunday and again today - very comfortable and fantastic grip except on wet smooth rocks and wet wood.
    Last edited by Mike T; 05-10-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Master
    14.6 miles, 4,083 feet, 4 hours 55 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Clappersgate - Fishgarths Wood - Loughrigg top - Silver How - Lang How - Swinescar Pike - then back more or less the way I had come. Sunny and warm, a few high clouds, no wind nor rain, terrain wet and slippery. Quite a few walkers on the lower paths, and on Loughrigg top; not many elsewhere.

Ventured out of Yorkshire for a run in the Derbyshire Dales. Based in Buxton as my Mother In Law is not well and we are having to do a lot of care. Parked at Brierlow Bar and ran down Deep Dale and up and across to Chelmorton. Various footpaths to Horseshoe dale and up Backdale to the car. Made a nice change to be in the Dales, though a lot of nettles resulted in well stung legs.