Page 164 of 299 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2987

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    9.72 miles, 2,094 feet, 2 hours 40 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Under Loughrigg - Badger Bar - Rydal Water - Deerbolts Wood - Loughrigg top - down to the road to Loughrigg Tarn - Loughrigg top - Fishgarths Wood - Rothay Bridge. This route was chosen as it has a lot of shade. Still very warm, very little breeze, terrain dry and firm. Not many on the fells, though there were 10-15 at the water's edge at both Rydal Water and Grasmere.

Master
    10.17 miles, 2,516 feet, 3 hours 15 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Bracken Hause - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - back the same way. Very warm, not much of a breeze, terrain dry and firm. Saw six others on the fell, one a fell runner. I think most people are seeking swimming spots, not hills.

Master
    8.95 miles, 3,798 feet, 3 hours 57 minutes: ODG - The Band - Climber's Traverse - Bowfell - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - Great Lakes descent - ODG. There was quite a significant inversion when I set off - I did not get above it until 1,000 feet up. It was a bit cooler than yesterday, but then I had set off an hour earlier. Very warm once in the sun, with a refreshing breeze. Terrain dry, firm. Only saw 9 others on the fell. Took 50 minutes to get back to Ambleside - sheer volume of traffic heading north through the town.

Master
    12.39 miles, 3,243 feet, 3 hours 29 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe c/w, going around 5 of the tops (Heron Pike and its unnamed north top, Great Rigg, Hart Crag and Dove Crag), and avoiding the rock step, though going up to join the grassy path just underneath it. Initially sunny, then clouds moved in as the morning progressed. A lovely cool breeze above 2,000 feet. Terrain dry, firm. I saw about 25 others on the fell, including 4 other runners. Town is very busy with both people and traffic.

Master
    16.61 miles, 4,368 feet, 4 hours 38 minutes: Kentmere Horseshoe c/w from Troutbeck Church. Sunshine and clouds, a lovely cool breeze on the tops - for the first time in ages I wore my gloves as my hands were cold, rather than just to protect them if I fell. Terrain dry, firm. Not many walkers on this route, though I did see eight other fell runners.

Master
    12.02 miles, 4,311 feet, 5 hours 24 minutes: ODG - Rossett Gill - Esk Hause shelter - Scafell Pike - around to the right of Esk Pike - Bowfell - The Band - ODG. Sunshine and clouds, patches of mist coming and going on the tops. Warm in the valley, less so on the tops. No wind, no rain, terrain dry and firm. There were about a dozen on the top of Scafell Pike, and the routes to it were fairly busy, otherwise there were not many about. I saw five other runners. There was an extra field open for cars at the ODG, so parking was not a problem.

Master
    12.06 miles, 3,883 feet, 4 hours 24 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Grasmere - Far Easedale - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Steel End - Dunmail Raise - Seat Sandal - Grisedale Tarn - The Tongue - Winterseeds - Traveller's Rest. Overcast, no sunshine, a lovely cool breeze at times, no rain, much cooler than it has been. Terrain dry, firm to hard. Very few on the fells, but then the forecast was off-putting; car parks and town very busy.

Master
    11.7 miles, 2,279 feet, 2 hours 54 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Under Loughrigg - Badger Bar - Rydal Water - Deerbolt Woods - Loughrigg top - around under Ivy Crag - Loughrigg Tarn - Loughrigg top - down the race route to Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge. Sunshine and clouds, and a few minutes of light rain - it rained heavily before and after my run. Terrain damp but not yet slippery. Pleasantly cool, a nice breeze at times. Quite a few walkers about, and four other runners.

Master
    11.41 miles, 3,678 feet, 3 hours 47 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Steel Fell - Calf Crag - Helm Crag - back the way I had come. Overcast, virtually continuous light drizzle, a few minutes of sunshine, very little wind. Pleasantly cool. Terrain wet, rocks slippery. Saw about 20 on the fells, all but 2 either on Steel Fell or Helm Crag.

Master
    8.86 miles, 2,888 feet, 3 hours 4 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Winterseeds - Grisedale Tarn - Cofa Pike - Fairfield - trods to the right of Great Rigg and both tops of Heron Pike - Alcock Tarn - Traveller's Rest. Overcast, light drizzle at first, no wind, not cold. Terrain wet/damp, rocks slippery. Saw about 20 on the fells. Town very busy.