Page 153 of 300 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2997

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    Thanks Mossdog - the jab was before my run. I agree that warning people of the risk of CVST and the associated symptoms before their second injection is pretty pointless, given that the risk is less than 1 in several million. If they asked people 5 minutes later what specific warning they had been given I have no doubt most would be unable to recall any details. Ideally, before their first jab, people would have read about the risks either online or from a leaflet. I was offered a leaflet at both visits - I declined - but there would not have been time to read it.

I have an ever so slightly sore left deltoid muscle this morning - my partner had the same symptom after her second jab. If it was bilateral I would just think I had had a hard work out. I have been having annual flu jabs for perhaps 20 years - this is my first vaccination side-effect since the swine flu jab in 2009 when I had similar discomfort.

Master
    9.93 miles, 3,308 feet, 2 hours 52 minutes: Loughrigg trails - specifically: Rothay Bridge - Clappersgate - Fishgarths Wood - Todd Crag - down to the little wooden bridge above Miller Brow and back up again - Lily Tarn - Ivy Crag - Loughrigg top - down to the road at High Close - back the same way, but for Ivy Crag and Miller Brow. Overcast, with the occasional patch of blue sky and a few spots of rain. A strong wind from the south west. I could see heavy rain to the north and west. Terrain mainly dry. Very few about. 2 cuckoos heard.

I'll be back in Cov this weekend having my jab.

Obviously missing the anticipated Clough Head - Great Dodd race, but should be back fighting for the Fairfield Horseshoe the week after.

Master
    From Gov.uk:

"Up to 28 April 2021, the MHRA had received Yellow Card reports of 242 cases of major thromboembolic events (blood clots) with concurrent thrombocytopenia (low platelet counts) in the UK following vaccination with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca. These events occurred in 141 women and 100 men aged from 18 to 93 years and the overall case fatality rate was 20% with 49 deaths. Six cases have been reported after a second dose .

Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis was reported in 93 cases (average age 47 years) and 149 had other major thromboembolic events (average age 55 years) with concurrent thrombocytopenia.

The estimated number of first doses of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca administered in the UK by 28 April was 22.6 million and the estimated number of second doses was 5.9 million."

So about a 1 in a million chance of blood clots with low platelets after a second dose.

Master
    8.09 miles, 3,167 feet, 2 hours 28 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Sunshine and clouds, a refreshing cool breeze, no rain. Got down to my vest for the last climb. Mainly dry, except in areas of poor drainage. Quite a few on the main steps up to the Pike, not many at all elsewhere.

Master
    10.46 miles, 3,064 feet, 2 hours 55 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Sunshine and clouds, no significant wind, the occasional spot of rain, terrain mainly dry. Down to my vest for the last few miles. Not many about. One cuckoo. Two dogs that threatened to jump up on me - one whilst I was on quite steep ground - it was coming at me from above, and in putting my hand up to protect my face I lost balance - fortunately putting a hand down enabled me to recover. The owner was not at all apologetic.

There was an old comedy sketch, maybe on Absolutely, where a dog jumps up and pushes a man off a cliff. The owner then shouts down the cliff "don't worry - he's just being friendly".

I'm glad it didn't reach the punchline this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Two dogs that threatened to jump up on me - one whilst I was on quite steep ground - it was coming at me from above, and in putting my hand up to protect my face I lost balance - fortunately putting a hand down enabled me to recover. The owner was not at all apologetic.
    Ummmmm. Times like that is when a priest could come in handy. And we're not talking about the ecclesiastical type
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    10.15 miles, 3,538 feet, 3 hours 11 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Overcast with intermittent light drizzle and the occasional minute or two of sunshine. Waterproof top not used, though nor did I get down to my vest. No significant wind. Terrain mainly damp, wet in places. Not many about.

Master
    10.22 miles, 3,022 feet, 2 hours 53 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Initially heavily overcast and cool, with the cloud base at about 1,800 feet - later, patches of blue sky appeared and it warmed up nicely. No wind, terrain mainly dry; got down to my vest for the last hour. Quite a few about on the main paths. One cuckoo today - heard two yesterday.

The Brathay 10 marathons in 10 days has started - saw one of the runners coming in - madness.