Page 32 of 300 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Presumably "exercise" became the totem word because eg Gove and Johnson jog or cycle or something. Someone else might have suggested "recreation" but there we are.

Johnson has a dog and I think the Act is silent on canine excremental issues which is one (there are others) reason why I doubt if there will be any tightening on the "exercise" arrangements.
    Great point on recreation. I think people are missing how important it is for mental well-being as well.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    In my head I have treated exercise as work.
    Each day is planned with work/jobs in an attempt to create smart targets.

One of which is:- Monday to Friday I exercise and relax at the weekend.

There are some interesting posts on the depression thread about routines and coping strategies.

Master
    Yesterday's PDE - 7 miles or so in the fields around the Roman ruins at Waterhead. Easy to keep well over 10 metres from the few people out and about. Most gates are left open. Waterhead itself was deserted - usually teeming with visitors.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    In my head I have treated exercise as work.
    Each day is planned with work/jobs in an attempt to create smart targets.

One of which is:- Monday to Friday I exercise and relax at the weekend.

There are some interesting posts on the depression thread about routines and coping strategies.
    Stagger - dont know if you saw it, I wrote a post somewhere about golf drills. Such as swinging feet together and/ or eyes closed to learn balance. Or swinging with the “ swing wreckers” the right forefinger and thumb off the shaft completely. So there are golf exercises possible too, even if you can’t play.

You might recognise that from Ben hogans books, of who I was a big fan, you can probably get online. They say hogans biggest problem was he was so accurate he hat to hit out of divots he made the day before!

Banned
    Thanks Oracle. I have been doing swing practice every other day for 15 minutes.

I will certainly look up the Ben Hogan material.

Much appreciated Sir.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Presumably "exercise" became the totem word because eg Gove and Johnson jog or cycle or something.
    Johnson does jog and I sadly missed out on the opportunity of bouncing him into a canal in Birmingham where he was out for an early morning jog before the Tory party conference. I was on my daily cycle commute along the tow path and nearly went headlong into him when he unexpectedly appeared around a corner in Gas Street basin. His 2 burley minders didn't look too pleased so I made a quick getaway....
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Banned
    17k with 300m ascent.

Just a hilly ride on the quite back roads.

Master
    9.45 miles and 2,750 ft over Loughrigg. A woman refused to move from the middle of the road - "That is 6 foot love, you'll be OK!" - it would have involved no effort to move over - the further apart the better - if people think that 5 ft 11 is dangerous but 6 ft is safe then god help us all.

A quick 5 mile blast, was highly amused to see a car heading towards me with a couple in the front wearing surgical masks, the window was open and as they passed there was the unmistakable waft of cigarette smoke, so either they were wearing surgical masks with an added smoking attachment, they were smoking through them or they were lifting them up, the mind boggles

Missed posting yesterday.

Things changed. Mrs WP had been called last Friday to be on standby Monday morning to go back in to work to produce PPE for the care/health sector.
    She was up at 7:00am. Call came at 11:15 and was a "not ready yet, we'll get back to you but it looks like we have some technical challenges" which probably were down to making sterile PPE in a curtain factory.

So off we went for a walk.

9 1/4 miles, 1000ft, 3 hours and as we got back she found out she'd been furloughed indefinitely.

So looks like it will be daily walk whilst we are allowed, with me getting my work done in the morning so we can head off for an afternoon stroll in the local country side.

Today was 9 3/4 miles, 1100ft, 3:05 and the best weather of the year so far up here.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell