Page 149 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1789

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    10.77 miles, 3,003 feet, 2 hours 59 minutes: Loughrigg trails. A bit hazy today, but this is not a complaint - sunny, no wind, not too hot - we are being spoilt. Quite a few about.

Master
    11.85 miles, 3,812 feet, 3 hours 16 minutes: Waterhead - Wansfell Pike - Roundhill Farm - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm. A bit more overcast than of late, and the wind was a bit cooler, but I still got down to my vest at the end. Quite a few on the Pike, and on the Roundhill Farm section - not many at all on Red Screes.

I wore my new TrailFly Ultra G300 Max shoes for the first time. I really like them - so comfortable, particularly when descending and on tarmac. It says a lot for Inov8's consistency that they could be worn out of the box on a run like this without any problems whatsoever. It will be interesting to see what their grip is like when it is wetter/muddier.

Master
    10.25 miles, 3,013 feet, 2 hours 56 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Blue sky, the occasional thin cloud, no wind - superb weather. Not that many about. My new shoes continue to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    10.25 miles, 3,013 feet, 2 hours 56 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Blue sky, the occasional thin cloud, no wind - superb weather. Not that many about. My new shoes continue to impress.
    One of my pals has just bought a new pair of them and will be wearing them "out of the box" on tonight's RATRun.

I'll let you know how he gets on with them.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 22-04-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    11.85 miles, 3,812 feet, 3 hours 16 minutes: Waterhead - Wansfell Pike - Roundhill Farm - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm. A bit more overcast than of late, and the wind was a bit cooler, but I still got down to my vest at the end. Quite a few on the Pike, and on the Roundhill Farm section - not many at all on Red Screes.

I wore my new TrailFly Ultra G300 Max shoes for the first time. I really like them - so comfortable, particularly when descending and on tarmac. It says a lot for Inov8's consistency that they could be worn out of the box on a run like this without any problems whatsoever. It will be interesting to see what their grip is like when it is wetter/muddier.
    Given the price of them I would not expect anything else, Personally I have never been able to get on with INOV8 to short lived and overpriced for me.
    Last edited by JohnK; 23-04-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Given the price of them I would not expect anything else, Personally I have never been able to get on with INOV8 to short lived and overpriced for me.
    What do you use instead? Inov-8s are definitely expensive and don't last that long. But when I buy cheaper they seem to fall apart more quickly. I'd be OK with expensive and long-lived, if you have any recommendations.

I absolutely love inov8. Basically all Iíve needed till now is one pair of mudclaw G260ís and one pair of terraultra G260ís, swapping between the two depending on the weather and what Iím running over.

My latest pair of terra ultras are nearly done, which is almost perfect timing, and Iím just waiting to get back properly from the injury bench before I buy a pair of the new trailfly G300ís. On average I get a good 400 to 500 miles of hard running out of any pair of inov8ís and I also manage to double up on my terra ultras as leisure/man about town shoes and the gym (when theyíre clean enough).

I donít understand people complaining about the value of inov8s - Iím guessing itís mainly from runners that have more than two pairs of shoes on the go, thereby using any one pair less often and maybe suffering from the shoes gradually falling apart on the shoe stand (over drying out?) rather than by use?

I think the crucial thing is that their sizing suits my feet perfectly. The terraultras especially are fantastically comfortable

Master
    9.07 miles, 3,435 feet, 2 hours 53 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Sunshine with some high thin clouds, and a lovely refreshing breeze. Terrain dry and firm. Saw about 20 others on the fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I absolutely love inov8. Basically all I’ve needed till now is one pair of mudclaw G260’s and one pair of terraultra G260’s, swapping between the two depending on the weather and what I’m running over.

My latest pair of terra ultras are nearly done, which is almost perfect timing, and I’m just waiting to get back properly from the injury bench before I buy a pair of the new trailfly G300’s. On average I get a good 400 to 500 miles of hard running out of any pair of inov8’s and I also manage to double up on my terra ultras as leisure/man about town shoes and the gym (when they’re clean enough).
    Do you find the graphene ones last longer on the studs?

Sorry for turning this into a facebook "what shoe" thread temporarily.