Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223
Results 2,221 to 2,223 of 2223

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    9.29 miles, 3,021 feet, 2 hours 53 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides, including along the ridge to the true top, and up and down the race route ascent from the kissing gate. Sunshine and high clouds, mainly the latter. No wind nor rain. Terrain mainly dry with good grip. Lots of walkers about; 1 fellow runner seen.

I descended on/next to the steps rather than using the race descent - the latter is unpleasantly blocked by bracken. The descent on/next to the steps is not as bad as I thought - lots of it is on runnable grass.

Master
    11.8 miles, 1,240 feet, 2 hours 26 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Wray Castle - south along the lake - Coffin Trail - Wray Castle - Rothay Bridge. Sunshine with a few high clouds; no significant wind, no rain. Terrain dry with good grip. Lots of walkers about.

This was an AAC club run based at Wray Castle - I ran with the slower group - just the right pace, and excellent company.

Master
    7.51 miles, 2,148 feet, 2 hours 19 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including along the ridge to the true top, and descending next to the steps to the kissing gate. Wall to wall sunshine, no wind nor rain. Terrain dry with good grip. Lots of walkers about, both on the fell and lower down. No other runners seen.