Page 16 of 300 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Banned
    You can throw the gloves away but your hands are attached.

You still have to avoid touching your face whilst wearing your gloves and remove them before touching anything back at home. I suppose there may be some benefit to gloves but I prefer to take a bit more care and wash my hands thoroughly when I get home.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

12 miles 4 hours, 1650ft
    Loop through Tockholes to Cartridge & back with Mrs WP again. Not the intended route but a couple of rights of way blocked off almost certainly illegally.
    Not worth getting in to a ding-dong with a remote resident in a ex farmhouse (which is what most of them are) but the consequences are concentrating people elsewhere.
    Didn't see many, but probably half of those I did see were in a 5 minute section crossing the dam above Sunnyhurst Woods.
    Last edited by Witton Park; 01-04-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Had a little jog up the hill today and a ride yesterday and starting to get back into it, but I have yet to see anyone, I never do anyway but even less chance of meeting anyone now. I'ts lonely out here
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Todays PDE was a 25 mile and 1,600 feet ride on the cross bike taking in 8 miles of the High Peak Trail. Very few people about but had a shouted chat, over a drystone wall, with a Metal Detectorist who was trying to find treasure in a newly ploughed field!
    The 3 HPT car parks I passed through all had signs saying that they were closed, and no cars were present, but nothing to suggest that the trail was closed to people who could get there under their own steam be it legs,wheels or hooves.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Todays PDE was a 25 mile and 1,600 feet ride on the cross bike taking in 8 miles of the High Peak Trail. Very few people about but had a shouted chat, over a drystone wall, with a Metal Detectorist who was trying to find treasure in a newly ploughed field!
    The 3 HPT car parks I passed through all had signs saying that they were closed, and no cars were present, but nothing to suggest that the trail was closed to people who could get there under their own steam be it legs,wheels or hooves.
    Metal detecting is that allowed!! 😊

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    You still have to avoid touching your face whilst wearing your gloves and remove them before touching anything back at home. I suppose there may be some benefit to gloves but I prefer to take a bit more care and wash my hands thoroughly when I get home.
    I keep a bottle of disinfectant outside my backdoor and disinfect the gloves before removing them, I then disinfect my hands before handling anything else on my way to wash my hands, I also disinfect my footwear which I remove outside before disinfecting and removing my gloves.

Where possible I open/close gates etc using sticks or small rocks and if windy try not to get downwind of folk TBH I view anytime spent outside to be running the gauntlet however I don`t see many folk at 0430

Paranoid very probably

Stay safe all
    Last edited by JohnK; 31-03-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

8.5 miles, including a mixture of road, trail, fields and golf course. Very pleasant when off-road. Striving to keep the two metres from people on the road bits.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Saw my first instance of a blocked footpath on my walk today: on a well-used, if somewhat muddy, path on the edge of town. It isn't a Public Right of Way, so I suppose it's not illegal to block it. On the other hand, I was very tempted to remove the blockage (which wasn't particularly secure), simply because the perpetrator had written that the path was closed due to "Advice from Government", which is patently untrue.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    What is more problematic is touching gates, stiles, etc. They say wash your hands, but it is impossible to think my hands would not touch my face during the run, before I have a chance to wash them. I don't really understand that risk.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...erent-surfaces

How many people are being contaminated via surfaces as opposed to airborne particles or direct contact with an infected person?
    Advertisement

Marcus: As far as we know right now, people are much more likely to be infected by close contact with an infected person than by touching a contaminated surface. That said, it’s still important to be conscious of what we’re touching, especially high-touch surfaces, and be careful about cleaning our hands after touching things. For example, public transit or grocery stores and places where there tend to be a lot of people.

Iwasaki: The virus is pretty stable on [materials] like plastic and steel – they can persist for a few days. So it’s very possible that someone who’s sick will deposit the virus on to the surface and then somebody else will touch it and touch their face.