Page 113 of 303 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 3021

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Pulled calf muscle so no chance of running, limping still.
    Foot swollen up nicely from the wasp sting yesterday and itching like hell. Trainer wouldn't fit anyway.
    Bike has puncture and going to spend tomorrow changing tyres round and putting new gunk in the tyres. Never fettled about with tubeless before.

Cleaned out chickens for exercise!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    8.1 miles, 1,483 feet, 1 hour 32 minutes: 5 of the 9 hills of Ambleside again, 4 of them twice. Constant drizzle, but no wind and not cold. The glut of cars seems to have dispersed; a few walkers on the minor roads, mainly carrying shopping and walking dogs.

Master
    7.38 miles, 2,343 feet, 2 hours 16 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Lovely autumn sun, but a cold breeze on the tops. Terrain sodden and slippery. Plenty about.

Master
    8.8 miles, 2,844 feet, 2 hours 14 minutes: Skelwith Fold/Bridge - Loughrigg - Fishgarths Wood - Clappersgate. Extremely windy - it must have been grim higher up. No rain when I was out, not cold. Terrain sodden/slippery. Very few about.

Master
    10.72 miles, 3,678 feet, 3 hours 6 minutes: Rydal Park - Nab Scar - Alcock Tarn - White Moss - Loughrigg - Fishgarths Wood - Clappersgate. Windiest I have known it on Nab Scar - would have been dangerous to go higher. Intermittent rain, not that cold, terrain sodden/slippery. More about than I expected, some looking very sorry for themselves.

Simons Seat, up the Valley of Desolation and down to Howgill, back along the river. Very windy on top and driven drizzle. It will be the last time I'm allowed up there for a bit. Ah well we have the Chevin on our doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Simons Seat, up the Valley of Desolation and down to Howgill, back along the river. Very windy on top and driven drizzle. It will be the last time I'm allowed up there for a bit. Ah well we have the Chevin on our doorstep.

Do the incoming restrictions (in your opinion) restrict travel for exercise purposes?

I must admit i've not looked too deeply (mainly because i don't really have anything planned of that nature), but my vague understanding is recreation/exercise outdoors is allowed, and i've not specifically seen anything barring travel.

Whether it is "right" is one thing, just wondered whether there's anything implicitly saying you can't travel to the hills for the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Do the incoming restrictions (in your opinion) restrict travel for exercise purposes?

I must admit i've not looked too deeply (mainly because i don't really have anything planned of that nature), but my vague understanding is recreation/exercise outdoors is allowed, and i've not specifically seen anything barring travel.

Whether it is "right" is one thing, just wondered whether there's anything implicitly saying you can't travel to the hills for the day...
    I don't want to get into this too deeply or we will turn this into another tedious thread dominated by a few. I'm happy to go with the restrictions and limit my travel. I'm lucky to have good hilly country on my doorstep. God help flatlanders.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    I don't want to get into this too deeply or we will turn this into another tedious thread dominated by a few. I'm happy to go with the restrictions and limit my travel. I'm lucky to have good hilly country on my doorstep. God help flatlanders.

Agreed.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I didn't fancy a bike ride in today's wind so went for a walk: a little under three hours out to Swithland Woods including some footpaths that I have rarely or never used before. On the way back I wandered up Nanhill Drive in Woodhouse Eaves: it's a bit posh up there https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-pr...ill-drive.html
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges