Page 177 of 299 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2986

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    9.31 miles, 3,927 feet, 4 hours: ODG - The Band - Climber's Traverse - Bowfell - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - ODG. Overcast, bands of cloud/mist down to the valley floor becoming confluent above about 800 feet. Constant drizzle/mizzle. No wind, so it did not feel as cold as expected given the temperature was 4.5 C when I set off. Terrain wet and slippery. I saw two other fell runners just below the highest point on the Crinkles - I did wonder if they were lost - I suspect they thought the same about me. There were quite a few walkers coming down from Blisco as I was going up, but very few elsewhere. Car parks very busy.

Master
    12.23 miles, 3,586 feet, 3 hours 35 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Low Sweden Bridge - Low/High Pikes - Dove Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. I went around the Rock Step, and kept to the right of the wall, so I was on the interesting scrambly side. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 500 feet; constant drizzle/light rain, windy on the tops but not cold, terrain saturated and very slippery. I had full waterproofs on throughout, but only used the hood for the first few minutes. I only saw eight others on the fells, one a fellow runner - he was in shorts, though he did have a waterproof top on.
    Last edited by Mike T; 18-10-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    12.23 miles, 3,586 feet, 3 hours 35 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Low Sweden Bridge - Low/High Pikes - Dove/Hart Crags - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. I went around the Rock Step, and kept to the right of the wall, so I was on the interesting scrambly side. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 500 feet; constant drizzle/light rain, windy on the tops but not cold, terrain saturated and very slippery. I had full waterproofs on throughout, but only used the hood for the first few minutes. I only saw eight others on the fells, one a fellow runner - he was in shorts, though he did have a waterproof top on.
    Mike

You've probably indicated before - but how many miles do you do a year?

Graham
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Mike

You've probably indicated before - but how many miles do you do a year?

Graham
    A quick look at Strava tells me I have done 3,123 miles so far this year. All of it pretty slow, mind.

70+ miles per week though.... nearly all on the fells. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    A quick look at Strava tells me I have done 3,123 miles so far this year. All of it pretty slow, mind.
    Thank you.

There isn't much in fell running that impresses me - but that does.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    13.51 miles, 3,431 feet, 3 hours 57 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe clockwise, going around the three tops on the way up, and around the Rock Step on the descent. Overcast, with the cloud base almost to the valley floor. Constant drizzle/light rain. A very strong wind on the tops, making it rather cold and unpleasant at times. Terrain saturated and slippery. I saw about eight others on the fells, one being a fell runner - in shorts of course - I had full waterproof cover on, with the hood up most of the time.

Master
    Thanks Travs and Graham - it does help to be retired, to live where I do, and to have a partner that tolerates my fell kit in the front porch, and feeds me well.

Master
    9.87 miles, 3,679 feet, 3 hours 10 minutes: Wansfell Pike from three sides, including twice down and once up the race route to/from the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base down to the valley floor in places. Virtually constant drizzle/light rain. A breeze on the top, but not cold. Full waterproof cover worn. Terrain saturated and slippery. Quite a few walkers on the steps up to the Pike, very few elsewhere.

Master
    12.33 miles, 3,518 feet, 4 hours 2 minutes: Elterwater - Silver How - Lang How - Swinescar Pike - Sergeant Man - High Raise - High White Stones - Sergeant Man - then back more or less the way I had come. Initially sunshine and clouds, but intermittent light rain started when I was on the return journey, so my waterproof top was needed. A cold wind from the north. Terrain wet and slippery. Quite a few walkers scattered over the fells, and I saw three fell runners on High Raise. Parking areas busy.