Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Two fantastic days in Mid-Wales.

Yesterday a rectangularish walk with son and dogs from Eisteddfa Gurig to Plynlimon and Arwystli. The air was so clear that the views were the best I have had. From Plynlimon summit, to the north Cadair Idris, The Arenigs, The Arans and Berwyns and to the south The Preseli Hills, Camarthen Fans, Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains all could be clearly seen. To the northwest Bardsey Island and southwest to Cardigan and possibly Strumble Head. Not to be left out the Briedden Hills could be seen to the east.

From Arwystli we could see Snowdon and The Rhinogs which had been hidden behind Cadair Idris from Plynlimon.

Only 8 miles and 1,550 feet but every step a glorious one.

Today a lovely walk to Glaslyn and Bugeilyn where we spoke to a fisherman who said that the black finned trout in Bugeilyn were small but the best fighters. From what I could see the solitary Cormorant was catching more than he was!
    Again spectacular views, especially from the TP at Foel Fadian, over to Cadair Idris, The Arans and back to Plynlimon.

7 and a half miles and just 754 feet. Only 5 people seen yesterday and 4 today. Hopefully it stays that quiet.

Having said that, I suspect that this weekend the Welsh coast and Snowdonia will be snided by the amount of traffic we met on our way out of Wales, proper summer Bank Holiday levels. The pictures on tomorrows news reports are not going to look good.

Covid numbers back up by the middle of May?
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 16-04-2021 at 11:20 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog