Page 303 of 303 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303
Results 3,021 to 3,023 of 3023

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    9.54 miles, 1,098 feet, 1 hour 56 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Skelwith Fold - Skelwith Bridge - Drunken Duck - Rothay Bridge. Mainly overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet. Intermittent drizzle/light rain/graupel/sunshine. A moderate breeze at times from no specific direction. This was all on tarmac - water was streaming across the road in places. Very few people seen, none of them runners.

There is a smattering of snow above about 2,000 feet.

Master
    12.6 miles, 3,619 feet, 4 hours 17 minutes: Rothay Bridge to Swinescar Pike and back, via Loughrigg top, Silver How and Lang How both ways. Sunshine, and high fluffy clouds above the tops. A cold moderately strong wind from the north west. A few drops of rain. Terrain mainly wet/saturated/slippery. Not many walkers about - I came across the AAC Tuesday/Friday runners near Swinescar Pike - there were about a dozen of them; I saw 2 other runners.

I heard my first cuckoo of the year - just under Silver How.

Master
    9.33 miles, 2,940 feet, 3 hours 11 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including along the ridge to the true top, down to Hundreds Road and back up to the Pike, then down the race route descent through the kissing gate. Sunshine and high clouds; that cold wind from the north west persists; no rain. Terrain dry in place - yippee! - elsewhere wet/saturated/slippery. Very few walkers about; 1 runner seen.