Page 21 of 303 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Have a Like! Is anyone else sick of Oracle monopolising threads?
    Yep his breathless, foam flecked rants on nearly any subject are very tiresome. He is a serial contrarian which is just not likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by RichA View Post
    Yep his breathless, foam flecked rants on nearly any subject are very tiresome. He is a serial contrarian which is just not likeable.
    Serial contrarian excellent Oracle’s OK, likes an argument, what’s not to like?. no exercise for me today, too busy with work then shopping and dropping for my old fella and the mother in law, keep safe everyone, can’t believe how much I’m missing our clubs runs but small beer compared to the pain others will be going through at present.

An oracle is a person or agency considered to provide wise and insightful counsel or prophetic predictions or precognition of the future, inspired by the gods. As such it is a form of divination.

Sounds about right to me
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 01-04-2020 at 07:38 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

On the subject of PDE - a fine bimble on the Scout Scar ridge near Kendal. No driving required 😉

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post

An oracle is a person or agency considered to provide wise and insightful counsel or prophetic predictions or precognition of the future, inspired by the gods. As such it is a form of divination.

Sounds about right to me
    So Oracle might be an agency rather than a person?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Todays PDE was a 5 miles walk with son and dogs in Lathkill and Cales Dales. Saw a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker. Nice.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    So Oracle might be an agency rather than a person?
    Or Hydra: so many heads and so many opinions and not necessarily consistent or comprehensible?

(Hydra, also called the Lernean Hydra, in Greek legend, the offspring of Typhon and Echidna - a gigantic water-snake-like monster with nine heads (the number varies), one of which was immortal.)

Although the "immortal" bit is worrying. Will the Forum last so long?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 01-04-2020 at 08:26 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    “We are all doomed i tell ya. Doomed” So oracle said in the dulcet tones of private frazer In dads army!

“ talkin about my generation...” Sung in the even more dulcet tones of mr breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post

Sounds about right to me

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Todays PDE was a 5 miles walk with son and dogs in Lathkill and Cales Dales. Saw a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker. Nice.
    What are you doing coming on this thread "Today's permitted exercise" with today's permitted exercise! Oooo I see what you did there ;-)

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Today's PDE was an hour out to the Clent Hills and back on the road bike. I note the NT car parks are now shut and Walton sealed off with cones and police tape.