Page 144 of 300 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2997

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    8.59 miles, 3,286 feet, 2 hours 46 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Sunshine, a few clouds, cold wind, no precipitation. Terrain a bit damp in places, but not that slippery. Got down to my vest for the last couple of miles. Quite a few about on the fell, and the 2 P+D car parks I ran past were about half full.

My watch says my VO2 Max is up to 44.

Mike i thought i saw your name on some results for your club's uphill time-trial on Loughrigg (well it was a Mr Mike.T anyway!)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Mike i thought i saw your name on some results for your club's uphill time-trial on Loughrigg (well it was a Mr Mike.T anyway!)
    Yes, just under 30 minutes, and soundly thrashed by some others in my age group - one did 26 minutes or so. A chap with a joint replacement who now only walks beat me. I find I cannot really push myself unless others are around me - I just don't like suffering.
    Last edited by Mike T; 10-04-2021 at 07:12 PM.

that Beth (who used to work in the Apple Pie Bakery) is a good runner. Good climber. She took at least a couple of minutes out of me at the Snowdon Uphill a couple of years back.

Think I saw her in the starting lineup for the Clough Head race in May, so perhaps I'll get revenge!

Master
    13.85 miles, 4,603 feet, 4 hours 8 minutes: Low Sweden Bridge - Low Pike - High Pike - High Bakestones - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm - Wansfell Pike. Sunshine and clouds, a cold breeze on the tops, with the occasional very light sprinkling of graupel, despite which I got down to my vest for Wansfell. Terrain mainly dry, but very hard higher up, with ice on puddles and streams. Quite a few on the fells. The P+D car park at Waterhead was almost full.

I heard a rumour of one or two other forumites also heading for that region of the Lakes today too!

Walk with Mrs WP through Tockholes with the intention of rounding Cartridge Hill.
    Advised Mrs WP to take a hooded waterproof, but she just takes her quilted jacket, no hat, no hood
    Heavy hail just after The Royal so with Mrs WP in mind re-routed to miss the summit of Cartridge and headed for Roddlesworth. Hail lasted about 20 minutes, turned to light snow and then fizzled out.
    Stopped next to the top reservoir for our butty and brew, then carried on back home.
    Nice walk.
    12.28 mile, 1514ft, 3:58
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Another longer walk today. Shoulder improving and I was able to carry a small backpack so plenty of rations on board.

From home, over the frosty fields to Magpie Mine and Sheldon. In and out of Deep Dale and over to Taddington and up to the TP at Sough Top. On to Pillwell Lane and then the Pennine Bridleway to Dowlow. On to the TP at High Wheeldon and then across OA land with lovely views over the Dove and Manifold Valleys and across to the Staffordshire Moorlands.

Across farmland from Pilsbury Lodge, with plenty of gambolling lambs, to Parsley Hay where the Blueberry Kiosk was open for a welcome Latte. Along the High Peak Trail and a left onto Green Lane which I have only cycled on before. When I got to the dip that is usually full of water and where I dismount and carry my bike around it, not being brave enough trying to ride through, I was surprised to find it dry. I stood in the bottom of the rut and the sides were between my waist and shoulders! If I'd tried to ride it I could have lost my bike!

Over the Friden Road to Kenslow Knoll which I have not visited before. It is relatively unknown and comprises of a circular stand of trees planted in 2000 with three large mill stones in the centre displaying a Millennium Plaque. The path to it is a dead end and at least a mile from any available car parking. A little gem worth a visit.

From there along Long Dale and then Gratton Dale before dropping down to Gratton, Middleton and down Bradford Dale before up over the hill to Meadow Place Farm and home.

Much of the walk was either on trails that I usually run or cycle on and it was most enjoyable to be going much slower and seeing things that I have missed previously.

A total of 27 and a half miles and only 2,960 feet in 8hrs 8 min, excluding three 15 min stops.
    A cold day with a few snow flurries and a lot less people about than I was expecting.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    11.06 miles, 3,144 feet, 3 hours 8 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Sunshine/clouds/cold breeze/no preciptation. I got down to my vest for the last half an hour or so. Terrain dry, and soft at this level. A sprinkling of snow visible on Ill Bell. Lots of people about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    11.06 miles, 3,144 feet, 3 hours 8 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Sunshine/clouds/cold breeze/no preciptation. I got down to my vest for the last half an hour or so. Terrain dry, and soft at this level. A sprinkling of snow visible on Ill Bell. Lots of people about.
    I entered the Loughrigg Fell Race, kindly hosted by your club, 5th May.