Page 165 of 300 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2997

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    16.94 miles, 4,676 feet, 5 hours 23 minutes: Troutbeck Church - Garburn Pass - Kentmere Horseshoe anti-clockwise - Sour Howes - Troutbeck Church. Overcast, cloud base initially about 1,500 feet, though it rose later. No wind, no rain. Temperature just right. Terrain damp, rocks slippery. Quite a few on the fells, including half a dozen other runners.

First Parkrun - or any other competitive run for 18 months. Hilly Horton Park in Bradford. 26 mins which is 1.5 mins slower than my last pre-covid time. It can only improve? First Fell race next Sunday - Round Hill near Otley.

Master
    9.19 miles, 3,855 feet, 4 hours 18 minutes: ODG - The Band - Climber's Traverse - Bowfell - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - ODG. Mainly overcast, the odd patch of blue sky. No rain, no wind, cool - just right for running. Terrain damp and slippery. Quite a few on Blisco, very quiet elsewhere. Parking wasn't a problem at either ODG or NDG. There was a field open to take any overflow at ODG, and the large NT car park at NDG was nowhere near full.

Master
    14.85 miles, 4,446 feet, 4 hours 51 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe c/w, adding in Grisedale Tarn and Cofa Pike, going around 5 of the tops, and also going around the Rock Step, but joining the grassy trod just underneath it. Sunshine and clouds, mainly the latter; no rain, a cold wind on the tops, terrain dry and soft. Saw about 30 on the fells. Town very busy.

Wore my second pair of Trailflys for the first time today. My first pair are still very comfortable, and the uppers are intact, but the grip is not as good as it was, and the descent from Fairfield to Grisedale Tarn can be fairly slippery. It was fine in the new shoes.

Master
    17.5 miles, 4,815 feet, 5 hours 40 minutes: Kentmere Horseshoe anti-clockwise from Troutbeck Church, taking in Sallows and Sour Howes on the way back. Sunshine and clouds, no wind, no rain, cool but not cold. Terrain dry, soft. Not many on these fells. Town very busy.

Master
    16.03 miles, 4,694 feet, 5 hours 13 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Rydal - Nab Scar - Alcock Tarn - Winterseeds - The Tongue - Grisedale Tarn - Cofa Pike - Fairfield - then the rest of the horseshoe clockwise, going to the right of Hart Crag and Dove Crag, and to the left of the Rock Step, coming back underneath it - Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge. Sunshine and clouds, a nice cool breeze at times, no rain, terrain dry and soft. Just the right temperature on the tops, a bit too warm in the valleys. Not many on the fells, a bit of a surprise as today is the last good day for a while.

I shall be venturing vaguely in your direction on Sunday MikeT...

Hopefully a medium length horseshoe from Glenridding or Patterdale...
    Last edited by Travs; 04-08-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I shall be venturing vaguely in your direction on Sunday MikeT...

Hopefully a medium length horseshoe from Glenridding or Patterdale...
    The Grisedale Horseshoe would be a great route. With respect to parking, Patterdale cricket club is a good spot - take the turnoff just north of the little church in Patterdale. £5 parking per day - donation.

I think the Grisedale Horseshoe might be a little bit too much, with Borrowdale the day before.

Possibly the Deepdale Horseshoe i think is a bit steadier, or possibly a horseshoe of sorts around the Glenridding Valley.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I think the Grisedale Horseshoe might be a little bit too much, with Borrowdale the day before.

Possibly the Deepdale Horseshoe i think is a bit steadier, or possibly a horseshoe of sorts around the Glenridding Valley.
    Deepdale Horseshoe sounds good post Borrowdale. I must try that myself soon.