Page 135 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2997

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    9.1 miles, 820 feet, 90 minutes: minor roads around Ambleside, Skelwith Fold, and Brathay. Overcast, constant light/moderate rain, not much wind at this level, not cold. Only saw 6 others, 3 of them on bikes.

Had my vaccination in Kendal earlier - it was very well organised. First time I had driven the car since early March - I thought I might be a bit rusty, but no - it was as if I had been driving almost every day like I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    9.1 miles, 820 feet, 90 minutes: minor roads around Ambleside, Skelwith Fold, and Brathay. Overcast, constant light/moderate rain, not much wind at this level, not cold. Only saw 6 others, 3 of them on bikes.

Had my vaccination in Kendal earlier - it was very well organised. First time I had driven the car since early March - I thought I might be a bit rusty, but no - it was as if I had been driving almost every day like I used to.
    Congratulations Mike on getting your jab. Which vaccine was it? I ask because those few people (7 people) I know who have had theirs seemed to have faired a bit better following the Pfizer/BioNTech jab compared to the AstraZeneca. Three people who had the latter had flu-like symptoms and/or headaches that same day or following two days. Nothing major fortunately, just a bit of a reaction.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    My wife had the AstraZeneca vaccination (because she is a part-time care worker), with no reaction at all.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

My parents both had their first jab, from the same venue, within a week of each other... yet one had Pfizer and the other had AstraZeneca.

The Pfizer one, my dad felt quite rough immediately, but recovered very quickly. The other one, my mum had a very sore arm, and felt off for longer, but the symptoms weren't quite as acute as with the Pfizer jab.

Master
    I had the AstraZeneca Jab in Kendal (yes very well organised) 2 weeks ago and no reaction not even any bruising on my arm roll on the second dose and maybe some peace of mind
    The older I get the Faster I was

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Congratulations Mike on getting your jab. Which vaccine was it? I ask because those few people (7 people) I know who have had theirs seemed to have faired a bit better following the Pfizer/BioNTech jab compared to the AstraZeneca. Three people who had the latter had flu-like symptoms and/or headaches that same day or following two days. Nothing major fortunately, just a bit of a reaction.
    AZ for me. I know it is totally different, but having had the flu vaccination annually for over 15 years, with no side effects apart from an ever so slightly sore arm on one occasion, I am not expecting much. Time will tell.

Master
    8.23 miles, 653 feet, 1 hour 28 minutes: minor roads around Brathay. Overcast, constant rain, not much wind and not cold at this level, but looked unpleasant higher up. Only saw 1 other person.

Took me 45 minutes to get my Garmin to start - very annoying.

No side effects yet, but just in case I felt a bit off after starting out I stayed low.

Master
    9.36 miles, 1,970 feet, 2 hours 17 minutes: around and on Loughrigg. Overcast, fell tops in cloud/mist, constant light rain, roads under 6 inches or so of water in places, puddles and streams everywhere. Strong wind on top, but not cold. Not too slippery. Saw about 10 people, only 1 of whom was on the fell.

Master
    12.55 miles, 3,443 feet, 3 hours 47 minutes: Fairfield c/w. Initially overcast, with the cloud base at 2,500 feet, and visibility down to 40 yards at times - later, glorious sunshine. A very cold wind but only at the very top. The overnight wind has done a brilliant job of almost drying the terrain - only the rocks were particularly slippery. Saw a couple of dozen people, half of them on the fell.

I forgot to say that there is still some ice on the paths on the very top of Fairfield, as well as the odd patch of snow where the sun does not reach it, and up against walls where there were large deep drifts. All easily avoided.
    Last edited by Mike T; 21-02-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Master
    10.27 miles, 2,730 feet, 2 hours 45 minutes: Red Screes - up via Middle Grove Farm, the Struggle, and the Kirkstone Inn; down via Roundhill Farm. Blue sky and sunshine; a cool breeze on top. Terrain sodden and slippery at times, but predictably so. Still some ice on the Red Screes' tarns, but not elsewhere. Quite a few in town, only 2 others on the fell.