Page 18 of 303 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Yep...
    On what basis? (quote law or social distance compromise please)
    I run on the way or way back from shopping.

None of the "holier than thou" based only on how lucky you are to have alternatives from home, ( so thank your lucky stars), which seems to be the essence of the argument for those now moralizing to others. Everything is easy for those who do not have to do it.
    Last edited by Oracle; 01-04-2020 at 01:50 PM.

DT, Oracle has no irony mode!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

None of the "holier than thou" based only on how lucky you are to have alternatives from home, which seems to be the essence of the argument for those moralizing to others. Everything is easy for those who do not have to do it.
    Oracle it clear that you would argue the alternative no matter what the issue was, the majority of people think that running from home is the right thing to do, the Police have asked that this is what people do, we’re all in this together, if everyone drove to wherever they felt like driving, to do whatever they wanted then again the Lake District/ Peak District/ Snowdonia etc etc would be rammed full of visitors who think that they have the right to do whatever they feel like doing just because it suits them.
    This isn’t about the law, it about being a decent person, acknowledging the need to stay in the local area and helping to take the burden off our emergency services in a time of crisis. It’s not against the law to not shut a gate or not climb over a wall or to let our dogs run riot among farm animals or to not f*rt in someone’s face in a restaurant but we don’t do these things because we’re decent people.
    I fully expect you to tear this apart as is your way, some of the above things probably are illegal to be honest I don’t know.

[QUOTE=Oracle;659142]On what basis? /QUOTE]

Because you can be so exasperating...?

"...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    [QUOTE=Graham Breeze;659147]
    On what basis? /QUOTE]

Because you can be so exasperating...?

If that was a crime, you, sir, are a recidivist!

None of the "holier than thou" based only on how lucky you are to have alternatives from home, ( so thank your lucky stars), which seems to be the essence of the argument for those now moralizing to others. Everything is easy for those who do not have to do it.
    I’m also intrigued, surely the outside of where you live actually has an outside?? I can’t see how it’s impossible to run from your front door without the need to drive somewhere.

I'm staying out of this!! Mr Oracle obviously has the eloquency (and time) to defend himself to the full!

But I don't necessarily think his example of driving a mile or two to a quieter area, quite corresponds with "ramming the Lakes/Peaks/Snowdonia with visitors".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Oracle it clear that you would argue the alternative no matter what the issue was, the majority of people think that running from home is the right thing to do, the Police have asked that this is what people do, we’re all in this together, if everyone drove to wherever they felt like driving, to do whatever they wanted then again the Lake District/ Peak District/ Snowdonia etc etc would be rammed full of visitors who think that they have the right to do whatever they feel like doing just because it suits them.
    This isn’t about the law, it about being a decent person, acknowledging the need to stay in the local area and helping to take the burden off our emergency services in a time of crisis. It’s not against the law to not shut a gate or not climb over a wall or to let our dogs run riot among farm animals or to not f*rt in someone’s face in a restaurant but we don’t do these things because we’re decent people.
    I fully expect you to tear this apart as is your way, some of the above things probably are illegal to be honest I don’t know.
    An Edit of Your post.....
    " the majority of people" insert / "who can run from home, including ALL of those living in beauty spots, but excluding those who cant run from home"/ "think running from home is a good idea"

Another edit " a decent person" insert "ie someone who lives in a nice place to run"

Final edit "helping to take the burden of emergency services" insert "/ " but note that is only for non locals coming, we those who live in high country will continue to run in such places so risking mountain rescue" /.

Its the hypocrisy I dont like daletown. The people I follow that live in the lakes continue to run the high fells unabated. In fact they are running more.

I have never defended transients making long trips to lakes. It is unlikely they can do so without unnecessary people contact. Indeed, there is a question of what happens if there is a problem. But then the AA have very little to do and are still opertaing.

I do defend the rights of owners of second homes there to live out this period in those homes in national parks. The resources of the lakes are underutilized, and I defend all making a short journey to exercise if it makes them more isolated - which it will for most who would otherwise run on pavements - or indeed to make a short journey to a better place to run.
    Last edited by Oracle; 01-04-2020 at 02:52 PM.

[QUOTE=Oracle;659148]
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post

If that was a crime, you, sir, are a recidivist!
    Oh I do so admire someone with a broad vocabulary...

"...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'm staying out of this!! Mr Oracle obviously has the eloquency (and time) to defend himself to the full!

But I don't necessarily think his example of driving a mile or two to a quieter area, quite corresponds with "ramming the Lakes/Peaks/Snowdonia with visitors".
    My thoughts precisely.