Page 7 of 300 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...o-green-spaces

No unnecessary travel in order to exercise.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Mike T : Wife says typically wont last longer than 72 hours on tissue. It’s a non encapsulated RNA virus. She should know as a biotech science director, that uses live virus. It can last longer on surfaces than tissues.
    It is amazing that even at this stage in the pandemic we do not know how long it lasts on surfaces, nor whether it is mainly transmitted that way or via coughing/sneezing or even exhaled breath. A 60 person choir met in Washington State before movement restrictions - 45 have symptoms, 27 have tested as positive and one has died. Apparently there was no touching/handshaking/hugging, and lots of extra soap in the washrooms. So singing seems a good way to spread it. Is heavy breathing from running that different?
    I think it does have a capsule, or envelope ....

Banned
    Sorry mike, I asked again: I actually misheard her. I Was not paying enough attention,

Its precisely because it has a vulnerable phospholipid envelope ie encapsulated it does degrade relatively easily, and it is vulnerable to such as alcohol. Degradation is relatively rapid: because once the lipid coating degrades the receptors don’t function. She’s still reasonably convinced the discarded tissues should be ok after 72 hours,

It’s the non encapsulated ones that are harder to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    It is amazing that even at this stage in the pandemic we do not know how long it lasts on surfaces, nor whether it is mainly transmitted that way or via coughing/sneezing or even exhaled breath. A 60 person choir met in Washington State before movement restrictions - 45 have symptoms, 27 have tested as positive and one has died. Apparently there was no touching/handshaking/hugging, and lots of extra soap in the washrooms. So singing seems a good way to spread it. Is heavy breathing from running that different?
    I think it does have a capsule, or envelope ....
    Last edited by Oracle; 27-03-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Another calf protecting 4 flat miles on the road with son. Without planning I seem to have fallen into a run/cycle on alternate days routine.

We'll see if it continues in the cold and windy snap that is on the way!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...o-green-spaces

No unnecessary travel in order to exercise.
    If it has status of other hs guidance notes, it is advisory not mandatory,

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    If it has status of other hs guidance notes, it is advisory not mandatory,
    Read the advice/ plea to fellrunners thread Oracle, surely those on this forum who are fellrunners should abide by that and should encourage others to do so, although I know that you’re not you do unfortunately come across as a troll sometimes

Banned
    Rest day.
    Think I'll have a lie in🤣

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Read the advice/ plea to fellrunners thread Oracle, surely those on this forum who are fellrunners should abide by that and should encourage others to do so, although I know that you’re not you do unfortunately come across as a troll sometimes
    I was questioning it not contesting it.

The problem DTR is the lack of clarity , leading to police forces operating very different standards, in part because definitions are woolly at best, and the status as advice or guidance ( legally non enforceable) rather than regulations or byelaws isn’t helping.

For some the choice is a city pavement amongst other people or an empty hill, or park, 1, 3 or 5 miles away.

Some are being turned away from a park less than a km, inevitably they have to exercise near others, where a journey of a mile or three would see them alone. So what’s the goal? Social distancing? or mindless legalism? I would love to know when I become liable for a fine!

For myself I drive a couple of miles because I live in a village and the shops I am most likely to get stuff are 4 miles away, the trails I run a mile from there. Arguably 1 unnecessary mile, I combine the trips, Is that ok? Despite the fact the place e I run is 5 miles from home by car, 2-3 miles crow flies. Is it ok if I run from the shops, to avoid the unnecessary mile, but in doing so I would be amongst a lot more people.

All I want is clarity. Which is more or less impossible.
    So whilst I am doing my bit, I am heartened by the fact it is guidance so at least I have a defence against a jobsworth copper if I get threatened with a fine!

Meanwhile I see some of the usual suspects on Strava and Facebook posting routes and photos from the high fells: even if they live close, is it sending the right message?
    The police are using drones to keep even locals off such as curbar edge, yet are only expressing concern at Pendle, not actually turning them away.
    Last edited by Oracle; 28-03-2020 at 11:18 AM.

How about not questioning it and thereby allowing the Police to Police by consent, if you’re making unnecessary journeys the you’re burning fuel, you’ll then have to go to the garage to fuel up at some point sooner than you would otherwise thereby risking others by unnecessary social contact, just do what you’re asked to do, it’s not hard, in the current weather we’re having I would normally be running twice a day if not three times, I’m not though because it’s not the right thing to do, I’m going out once, from home and steering clear of others, coming home, showering and binge watching all of the Star Wars films, not because I want to but because I have to

Banned
    With respect DTR, I am obliged to question: can you answer it?

Is my pattern of drive to shop , and run close to there ok? Even though the far point is 5 miles?

Whilst reasonable , I have no idea whether it is considered compliant, or what else I am supposed to do?

The world is grey, not black and white for some of our situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    How about not questioning it and thereby allowing the Police to Police by consent, if you’re making unnecessary journeys the you’re burning fuel, you’ll then have to go to the garage to fuel up at some point sooner than you would otherwise thereby risking others by unnecessary social contact, just do what you’re asked to do, it’s not hard, in the current weather we’re having I would normally be running twice a day if not three times, I’m not though because it’s not the right thing to do, I’m going out once, from home and steering clear of others, coming home, showering and binge watching all of the Star Wars films, not because I want to but because I have to