Page 81 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Banned
    10k with eldest son around the course.

Kept dry and even had some sunshine.

Banned
    Amazing how quickly it greens back up after weeks without water.

Master
    8.66 miles, 735 feet, 82 minutes, Drunken Duck and back. This was via very minor roads, normally quiet, and quiet they remain. A few drops of rain - perfect running temperature.

Master
    8.43 miles, 2,333 feet, 2 hours 2 minutes, Wansfell Ridge. Unpleasantly windy high up. About a dozen on the fell, half of them crouching just under the Pike to escape the wind. Roads/pavements quiet, though not empty. No obvious litter/campers on the route I took, though I understand some campers have been fined and moved on.

Banned
    11k around the golf course off the competition tees.

3rd week running I've won the sweepstakes.

Might even be in line for the overall competition today.

Kept dry for us which was a bonus.

Out with my Ultra running friend Sarah for 25 miles over Simons Seat and Beamsley Beacon. Bloody windy and chilly with showers. We both agreed that if we had had gloves with us we would have worn them. Lovely Yorkshire moors.

Master
    12.6 miles, 3,337 feet, 3 hours 13 minutes, Fairfield Horseshoe. I came across about 20 on the fell, including a couple of fell runners. Still windy high up, but not as bad as yesterday, and no rain. No campers/littering, apart from the usual "dropped" tissues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Out with my Ultra running friend Sarah for 25 miles over Simons Seat and Beamsley Beacon. Bloody windy and chilly with showers. We both agreed that if we had had gloves with us we would have worn them. Lovely Yorkshire moors.

I always carry gloves, and almost always wear them - year round. It is amazing how cold it can be in the wind on the tops, even in summer, and if you take a tumble it protects your hands. But then I wear tights year round too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I always carry gloves, and almost always wear them - year round. It is amazing how cold it can be in the wind on the tops, even in summer, and if you take a tumble it protects your hands. But then I wear tights year round too.
    See thread on naked Fell running!

I’ve just seen an old guy running, trainers, shorts, Ron Hill type rain jacket all topped off with a tweed flat cap, I was well impressed, he looked a treat