Page 181 of 300 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Re-reading your post, gej, I realise that you weren't on the path into Felicity's Wood (which crosses the stream at the NE corner), but on the main path which crosses it further west; in which case the comment about stepping stones is still valid, but not the one about the mud along the bank.
    The stepping stones must have been well under water. To be fair, you only said the paths were "mostly" dry.
    Anyway, we enjoyed your local hill and with daughter now living in Nottingham I'm sure it won't be my last visit.

Master
    10.46 miles, 4,249 feet, 3 hours 36 minutes: Wansfell Pike from three sides, including twice down and once up the race descent to the kissing gate, so not on the steps at all. Sunshine and clouds, the cloud base was above the high tops; a strong cold wind from the north. No rain; terrain dry in places, damp/wet and slippery elsewhere. Lots of walkers on the steps, which is why I avoided them; I saw one other runner, in shorts and a T shirt, as opposed to my all over waterproof kit to keep the wind off.

It is nice to have company on this thread!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by gej View Post
    The stepping stones must have been well under water. To be fair, you only said the paths were "mostly" dry.
    Anyway, we enjoyed your local hill and with daughter now living in Nottingham I'm sure it won't be my last visit.
    That brook does respond quickly to rain or lack thereof, and we did have some rain in the days before your visit. But I was up there today, and crossed with dry feet.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    8.32 miles, 3,509 feet, 3 hours 7 minutes: ODG - The Band - Three Tarns - Crinkle Crags - around the Bad Step - Red Tarn - Pike O'Blisco - cattle grid - ODG. Overcast, with cloud/mist initially down to the valley floor; later the cloud base rose to perhaps 500 feet. Very poor visibility on the tops. Constant drizzle/light rain. A moderate wind from the west. Terrain saturated and slippery. I only saw two others on the fells, and there were only 4 other cars in the ODG car park.

Master
    12.02 miles, 2,615 feet, 3 hours 23 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Initially overcast and drizzly, with dense patches of mist down to a low level - it slowly cleared to an extent until there were some patches of blue sky. No wind, not cold. Terrain wet/saturated and very slippery. Quite a few walkers about; one fellow runner.

Had my booster injection this morning at the local pharmacy - all very slick.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post

Had my booster injection this morning at the local pharmacy - all very slick.

Had my Pfizer booster last Saturday in Kendal no affect whatsoever on my mileage or training to date.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Master
    12.37 miles, 3,602 feet, 3 hours 54 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Low Sweden Bridge - around the Rock Step - Low Pike - High Pike - Dove Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. Sunshine and clouds, no rain, a cool breeze on the tops, terrain damp/wet/saturated and slippery. Waterproof top not needed. I only saw ten walkers on the actual fells; there were far more lower down.

I had hoped to go up the Rock Step, but there was a couple just ahead of me who were going painfully slowly so I went around it. There was another couple having difficulty just below High Pike - they had gone off the easy but steep looking scrambly path onto quite slippery terrain, and had to turn back.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Had my Pfizer booster last Saturday in Kendal no affect whatsoever on my mileage or training to date.
    I had arm discomfort the day after the injection but it has now settled. My partner - injected the same day - has swelling, redness and discomfort around the injection site - some call it Covid arm - this usually occurs after the Moderna vaccine but it can occur with Pfizer. Simple painkillers and an antihistamine are the suggested treatments, if anything is needed at all.

I had two pfizer jabs.

The first had no effect on my running, but i did have a very sore arm for 48hrs (sore enough to keep me out of the gym), the ache in my arm actually lasted nearly a week.

The second had no effect on my arm, but i felt "under the weather" the day after, unable to run that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I had two pfizer jabs.

The first had no effect on my running, but i did have a very sore arm for 48hrs (sore enough to keep me out of the gym), the ache in my arm actually lasted nearly a week.

The second had no effect on my arm, but i felt "under the weather" the day after, unable to run that day.
    Quite odd. I have had 3 Pfizer (+ my flu) jabs and I forgot them all as I walked out of the door.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".