Page 152 of 300 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    9.81 miles, 2,737 feet, 2 hours 32 minutes: Red Screes via Roundhill Farm both ways. Glorious sunshine with some nice fluffy clouds, no significant wind, no precipitation. I got down to my vest for the last section. Superb visibility. Terrain wet, saturated in places, patchy wet slippery snow above 2,000 feet. About a dozen on the fell, and a similar number lower down.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    2.2km. Round the "block". My first tentative run after hopefully recovering from my back injury. Driving rain then glorious sunshine. No other people out.
    I presume this isn't the "block" called Shutlingsloe? Anyway, I hope your recovery continues.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I presume this isn't the "block" called Shutlingsloe? Anyway, I hope your recovery continues.
    No, just the road then a few fields. Given my back's been dickie for a few weeks, I'm building up slowly to proper hills.

An early doors run up a beautifully snow crowned Penyghent this morning for me. 5.86 miles and 1,617 feet of ascent with a 20 minute breather at the top doing a bit of drone photography

I cannot begin to explain how good it is to be back running in the hills again - this morning's run out was my fourth since last Friday, giving me 21 miles and something like 5,500 feet of ascent in 6 days. As little as a month ago I was seriously starting to wonder if my knee of doom was ever going to get better; at the best part of four months to come round, I reckon it may've been my worse running scare yet... and I've had a few

Yesterday evening, whilst my son was swimming, I went for an exploratory walk up to Axe Edge to checkout its trods. My only other visits have been in the dark and/or clag and I was pleasantly surprised by the all round views.
    The two best ones were of the once seen never forgotten outlines of Chrome Hill and Shutlingsloe, both looking fantastic in the beautiful evening sunshine.

Sightings of Lapwing, Curlew, Grouse and Skylark topped off a very well spent hour.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    9.80 miles, 2,921 feet, 2 hours 40 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Overcast with the occasional spell of sunshine and a few brief wintry showers. Waterproof top not used, and I even got down to my vest. No significant wind at this height. Terrain very variable - from dry to damp to saturated. Not many about. 1 cuckoo - I heard 1 yesterday as well, near Roundhill Farm.

Master
    6.8 miles, 3,470 feet, 2 hours 23 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including twice up and three times down the race route to the kissing gate. Cloudy, sunshine at times, intermittent drizzle, no significant wind. Terrain anything from dry to saturated. Did not use my waterproof top - got down to my vest for the last mile or so. Not many about.

Master
    9.07 miles, 2,546 feet, 2 hours 36 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including 2 routes - one a 4WD track, the other a walking path - that I had not been on before. Overcast, main cloud base at about 1,400 feet, but patches of mist lower down; constant light to moderate rain, no significant wind. All over waterproof kit worn throughout, with hood up. Terrain wet/saturated. Quite a few runners about lower down. Direction markers - white arrows on a blue background - on the fell - there is clearly an event on.

Turns out it is "The Lap", a 47 mile trail route around Windermere - £80 to enter!
    Last edited by Mike T; 08-05-2021 at 02:02 PM.

Master
    10 miles, 3,867 feet, 3 hours 8 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Initially it was sunny with a few clouds, but it soon became overcast with a strong wind and light showers. Terrain mainly just damp. Quite a few on the main steps to the Pike.

I had my second vaccination in Kendal this morning - went like clockwork. They are even warning people of the symptoms of Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis - from my reading only one person has developed this after a second injection, all the others were after the first injection, and even then the risk is something like 1 in 95,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    10 miles, 3,867 feet, 3 hours 8 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Initially it was sunny with a few clouds, but it soon became overcast with a strong wind and light showers. Terrain mainly just damp. Quite a few on the main steps to the Pike.

I had my second vaccination in Kendal this morning - went like clockwork. They are even warning people of the symptoms of Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis - from my reading only one person has developed this after a second injection, all the others were after the first injection, and even then the risk is something like 1 in 95,000.
    Well done on keeping the mega mileage running going Mike. Presumably your jab was administered after the run? Regarding the warning, I'd wonder on the wisdom of introducing another potential 'risk' to people's minds, especially give the very low incidence. Still, I suppose we live in a world where everything has to be 'transparent', despite the difficulty many of us have gauging proportionate risk.
    Am Yisrael Chai