Page 102 of 300 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    7.8 miles, 2,400 feet, 2 hours 7 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Cold wind again, but some sun as well. Perfect running temperature. Plenty on the fell, and loads on the pavement to/from Waterhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    7.8 miles, 2,400 feet, 2 hours 7 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Cold wind again, but some sun as well. Perfect running temperature. Plenty on the fell, and loads on the pavement to/from Waterhead.
    Lake Windermere featured heavily on the news this morning, due to a record number of people taking a UK break this weekend.

My brother and family have been staying in Ambleside all week and have done the usual tourist guff... Brockhole, boat cruise, etc.

No fell action to report from them though!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Lake Windermere featured heavily on the news this morning, due to a record number of people taking a UK break this weekend.

My brother and family have been staying in Ambleside all week and have done the usual tourist guff... Brockhole, boat cruise, etc.

When will folk realise Windermere is A MERE and not a Lake, the clue is in the name
    The older I get the Faster I was

IMG_6982-1024x768.jpg

Someone should tell the local authority
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

I can't remember if anyone ever selected the Pointless final category called 'the lake district'.

One of the questions would have to be naming one of the lakes waters and meres. I still want to know if Hayeswater was a pointless answer. My three would have been Hayeswater, Crummack Water and Brotherswater.

I'm fairly sure all the Bleawaters are tarns...as an aside...

Master

That is a shame - there are some quiet routes that afford great views for little effort - Loughrigg from Clappersgate - behind the phone box; Wansfell via Blue Hill Wood; Low and High Sweden Bridge .... you do not need to go near the tops if you have youngsters to carry/cajole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    That is a shame - there are some quiet routes that afford great views for little effort - Loughrigg from Clappersgate - behind the phone box; Wansfell via Blue Hill Wood; Low and High Sweden Bridge .... you do not need to go near the tops if you have youngsters to carry/cajole.
    Exactly what I told my brother...! Although they appeared to believe that the entire family was joined at the hips, and the fact they have a 9 month old meant they can't do anything remotely interesting!

I'd have had the 5 year old reccying Bob Graham Leg 3 or something...

Although he did cry yesterday morning as he didn't want to come back home, so I guess he enjoyed his time in Ambleside... We'll make a Fellrunner of him yet...

Master
    11.81 miles, 3,248 feet, 3 hours 5 minutes: Low Sweden Bridge - Low/High Pike - Dove Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm. There must have been 20 or so on the top of Red Screes - it is a lovely spot. Nice cool breeze, and a bit of sun at times. The ground is a bit less sodden. My partner tells me town is busy - I avoid it whenever possible.

Master
    Exactly what I told my brother...! Although they appeared to believe that the entire family was joined at the hips, and the fact they have a 9 month old meant they can't do anything remotely interesting!

I'd have had the 5 year old reccying Bob Graham Leg 3 or something...

Although he did cry yesterday morning as he didn't want to come back home, so I guess he enjoyed his time in Ambleside... We'll make a Fellrunner of him yet...
    Only Leg 3?
    Let's hope that next time he can see more of the surrounding terrain - despite being such a honeypot, it is a great place to base a holiday.