Page 103 of 304 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3032

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

He told me that his favourite parts of the holiday were beating his dad at Lake District Monopoly, and discovering Cumberland Sausage!

He did get to Skelwith Force, Elterwater, and Stock Ghyll Force.

Although he was mesmerised when i told him about Scafell Pike and that in a few years i'll take him up there... although he wants me to take him up there in Winter so we can "come down on a sled"! Better get Wasdale MRT on speed-dial...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    He told me that his favourite parts of the holiday were beating his dad at Lake District Monopoly, and discovering Cumberland Sausage!

He did get to Skelwith Force, Elterwater, and Stock Ghyll Force.

Although he was mesmerised when i told him about Scafell Pike and that in a few years i'll take him up there... although he wants me to take him up there in Winter so we can "come down on a sled"! Better get Wasdale MRT on speed-dial...
    Sounds like a bright lad with a great future.

Master
    7.87 miles, 2,300 feet, 2 hours 8 minutes: Wansfell Ridge, exploring a new grassy trod. Busy on the tops and the pavements. Cool breeze, lovely in the sun, drying out a bit more underfoot.

I feel like I've been inactive most of August. Training has certainly been down to only a couple of runs a week. A touch of achilles trouble on my right heel and lots of work been the main reasons. BUt I have walked quite a bit and this weekend managed a couple of decent walks and just over 2 hours on our first road bike outing for a long while.

Today we went and did a special request of Mrs WP, who grew up on a farm at Deerplay which most might not know, but it's around 1/2 mile south west of Thieveley Pike.

So I worked out a 10 mile route from Crown Point road, via the War Memorial just off the summit of the A671 at Deerplay, then cross country to Thieveley Pike trig, across Heald Moor and down to Portsmouth. Picked a path out on the other side of the valley back to the Ram Inn at Holmes Chapel and then a long climb partly up the Pennine Bridleway to the Singing Ringing Tree at the top of Crown Point and back to the car.

10.2 mile, 1500ft, 3:25 and mile 2 was a shocker, as my wife led us a flat but rather rough route across the moor from memories made almost 40 years ago
    Mile 2 took around 35 minutes!
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    Ran 152 miles in August (best month of year)
    Walked 101 miles (eighth consecutive month of 100+ miles)
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Master
    7.85 miles, 2,362 feet, 2 hours 11 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Perfect weather - sunny with the odd cloud, not too hot, slight breeze. Fells and pavements just as busy, just as many school age children about. Four sweet corn husks left on Wansfell Pike - clearly too heavy to carry back down.

Master
    7.38 miles, 830 feet, 75 minutes: Skelwith Fold/Bridge - Drunken Duck loop. Constant light rain, no wind, so not cold. Pavements not too bad, but traffic bumper to bumper in Ambleside.

Master
    8.24 miles, 2,444 feet, 2 hours 16 minutes: Wansfell Ridge and about. Cool breeze, mainly overcast, one brief shower, ground sodden again. Pavements/roads busy, fells less so.

Master
    Yesterday's in fact: 8.93, 2,690 feet, 2 hours 32 minutes: up and down various routes on Loughrigg. Some "paths" are now not only blocked by bracken, they are invisible. Quite a few about on the fell and its approaches. Intermittent sun, not cold, no rain.

Master
    8.86 miles, 2,657 feet, 2 hours 29 minutes: on/around Loughrigg. There must have been 40 people on/close to the top when I first went there. Luckily some of the lesser known paths were deserted. Cloudy, odd bit of sunshine, odd shower - not cold, little wind.