Page 104 of 304 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3034

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    11.75 miles, 3,350 feet, 3 hours 8 minutes: Low Sweden Bridge - Low/High Pike - Dove Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm. Initially overcast and drizzling, slowly cleared to mainly sunshine. No significant wind, not cold, so vest/tights. Lots about. I was asked if I was doing the BG - I would have been well and truly lost if so.

I hope the guy who asked you wasn't also doing the BG himself...!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I hope the guy who asked you wasn't also doing the BG himself...!!
    It was two young women, in walking kit, with a dog, near the bottom of the Wansfell Pike steps - well off course .... I suspect they had just recently heard about the BG and had no idea of the route.

Master
    7.65 miles, 801 feet, 72 minutes: Skelwith Fold/Bridge - Drunken Duck. Intermittent very light rain - vest "only". Still plenty of cars about, not many walkers but the forecast was grim.

Master
    8.13 miles, 2,497 feet, 2 hours 15 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Light rain throughout - but not cold so vest "only". Very wet underfoot - lots of mud. Quite a few on the fell and the pavements. Some are extremely reluctant/refuse to make space, even when it involves no effort, like on tarmac. Selfish? Stupid? Ignorant? I think moving from 2 metres to 1 metre "+" was a big mistake.

Master
    8.53 miles, 2,592 feet, 2 hours 19 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Patchy sunshine, cold wind; vest "only" but would have needed my top had I stopped or gone much higher. Lots about still.

I have been recce-ing a lovely grassy path off the Pike that is just south of the tourist path towards Troutbeck - lovely apart from 3-4 boggy footsteps that I cannot find a way around. At least it is only ankle deep. I have never seen anyone else on it.

Master
    9.44 miles, 2,648 feet, 2 hours 27 minutes: lots of the minor paths on Loughrigg. Cool but still OK in a vest. No rain, no sun. Lots on the fell - I was constantly changing direction to try and avoid them, but it meant I found some lovely paths that I had not been on before.

I shall be passing through Ambleside on monday. Most likely to be running above Langdale (and completing my list of Wainwrights), and probably just stop in Ambleside to grab some lunch and crowd the pavements!!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    and probably just stop in Ambleside to grab some lunch and crowd the pavements!!
    Home-made sandwiches and flask is the future Travs!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Home-made sandwiches and flask is the future Travs!
    Really thats what I have been doing for the past 30 years, with the odd meal thrown in when the tent is pitched in a remote spot well away from any crowded pavements or paths
    The older I get the Faster I was